I was that guy

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

galaxiesmerge
Common Wiggler

I was that guy

Post by galaxiesmerge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:31 pm

When Bruce talked about someone wanted to renovate his house to accommodate a bigger modular - well - that was me. My wife talked some sense into me when I contemplated another 36 modules (and more) which would have meant knocking out a wall ... mostly voltage processing and sequencing. Some Muffwigglers visited (like Old Gear Guy) my home to deliver gear in the neighborhood and I finally did get to rebuild part of my studio with a "live room" which I think was wisdom from my wife. But with 112 modules in a ModCan and CV control through VOLTA and Expert Sleepers, those other modules I thought I would need were not finally needed but it is still a huge system. Not to mention all the vintage keyboards I have. I loved the documentary and I really hope another one does get made in the future. We have not even begun to exhaust the realms of human creativity with modular synthesizers!

galaxiesmerge
Common Wiggler

Re: I was that guy

Post by galaxiesmerge » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:34 pm

When Bruce talked about someone wanted to renovate his house to accommodate a bigger modular - well - that was me. My wife talked some sense into me when I contemplated another 36 modules (and more - you don't really need to know about my horrendous gear-lust!) which would have meant knocking out a wall ... mostly voltage processing and sequencing. Some Muffwigglers visited (like Old Gear Guy) my home to deliver gear in the neighborhood and I finally did get to rebuild part of my studio with a "live room" which I think was wisdom from my wife. But with 112 modules in a ModCan and CV control through VOLTA and Expert Sleepers, those other modules I thought I would need were not finally needed but it is still a huge system. Not to mention all the vintage keyboards I have. I loved the documentary and I really hope another one does get made in the future. We have not even begun to exhaust the realms of human creativity with modular synthesizers!

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:49 pm

Looks like you were those guys. :hihi:

diller
Wiggling with Experience

Post by diller » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 am

evawilson886 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:44 am
Hello there! I am a newbie here from Albania.
Noobs in Albania got that Modcan eh?

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”