Two weeks left for IDOW fund raising campaign...

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Two weeks left for IDOW fund raising campaign...

Post by s o l v e n t » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:59 am

An update on I Dream Of Wires' fund raising:

We now have less than 2 weeks left in our IndieGoGo campaign, and have so far raised just one third our $30,000 goal. We have done our best to avoid badgering you with endless pleas for a contribution, but the time has come where we need to come right out and ask you to please consider contributing to the campaign now, if you haven't already.

If you are reading this, chances are you are interested in seeing this documentary, so if you do intend to buy the DVD when it comes out, there is really no reason not to contribute to the film now; your contribution is essentially a DVD pre-order. In fact, your advance contribution will net you the DVD at a cheaper price than it will be available for commercially. More importantly, your advance contribution will help to make 'I Dream Of Wires' into a better documentary.

The $10,000 we've raised so far is not even enough money to cover expenses for our upcoming West Coast trip / series of important interviews. We've booked our tickets and committed to this trip, but if part of the money ends up coming out of our own pockets, this is unfortunately the last trip that we are going to be able to consider. That means no trips to Germany and/or UK, trips that we had hoped and made tentative plans to do. This would essentially limit the film's perspective to the North American modular scene, which would be a shame. 

Some notes and clarifications:

(1) Unlike it's more well-known competitor, Kickstarter, IndieGoGo campaigns remain active after the closing date. So technically, we will still be able to receive contributions after the campaign has finished. Here is what the closing date represents to us: In December, we will be evaluating and determining the future scope of the project, and this will largely be based on the results of our IndieGoGo fund raising. Yes, we are also looking into alternate funding options, but ultimately we would prefer to keep this production as independent as possible. Raising the money through IndieGoGo is our best option for maintaining 100% independence. This will allow us to keep our vision pure and in tact, without the compromises that investors often bring to the table.

(2) People continue to ask: 'What happens if I contribute and then you don't reach your goal?' Similarly, we've had several comments saying things like: 'I hope you reach your goal so this film will become reality.' To clarify - the film is going to be completed, regardless of the fund raising outcome; contributors will get the package that they paid for, guaranteed. We have already invested a lot of time, energy, and money into this film - we are passionate about it, and committed to seeing it complete! We want to take this film beyond the Youtube playing field and into the greater public realm, to help foster an appreciation for the incredible talent, passion and dedication found in the modular synth community. Your contributions are helping us to document this exciting time in the history of electronic music, and the more contributions that we receive, the more wide-reaching our scope will be. 

Finally, we would like to say THANK YOU to the 143 people who have contributed to our campaign so far - Amazing! It is greatly appreciated, and has already proved vital in the film's continuing production.

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Is there a link or anything online to donate?
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 pm

VanEck wrote:Is there a link or anything online to donate?
:doh: (That's directed at me, not you!)

http://www.indiegogo.com/I-Dream-of-Wires

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:45 pm

s o l v e n t wrote:
VanEck wrote:Is there a link or anything online to donate?
:doh: (That's directed at me, not you!)

http://www.indiegogo.com/I-Dream-of-Wires
Thanks man. Started spreading the word on my personal pages a couple hours ago, and will post about it from the Prometheus Burning page in a few. I can't donate until pay day though :doh:

Also please give a yell if you guys ever hit Pittsburgh. We'd be happy to invite you into our studio and talk about Modulars, not to mention Pittsburgh Modular is here and a bunch of other cool cats rocking modulars these days. We have meets at our place every so often where our friends bring thier modulars over and make them all have a big CV gang bang. Good times.
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

Mufte
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mufte » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Contribution made!! :guinness:

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:44 pm

I wanna pick up the DVD & extras $200 package and fully intend to, if the timing works out. I have to pay my credit card before I can order so the timing might not work... are the funds taken from your account immediately? Because I can pledge and pay then once my bill comes & is paid.

I really, really, really hope there is a splurge of late purchases and the Europe trip becomes a reality!

:tu:

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 pm

mckenic wrote:I wanna pick up the DVD & extras $200 package and fully intend to, if the timing works out. I have to pay my credit card before I can order so the timing might not work... are the funds taken from your account immediately? Because I can pledge and pay then once my bill comes & is paid.

I really, really, really hope there is a splurge of late purchases and the Europe trip becomes a reality!

:tu:
Thanks in advance!

If you pay via Paypal then the funds come out of your account right away, but if you pay via credit card, then the funds do not leave your account until the campaign is complete.

haricots
Droppin' Loads

Post by haricots » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:34 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be donating shortly.

haricots
Droppin' Loads

Post by haricots » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:20 pm

Donated. Thank for doing this you two. :sb: I can't wait to see the finished product.

dan_k
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dan_k » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 pm

Had already donated for the DVD, but had been eying the DVD-R box ever since.. just pulled the trigger on the box in the spirit of an extra push in the last few days.

Hope this discussion generates some more interest and as a reminder for folks that may have forgotten.

Wishing you all the best with the film!

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 pm

VanEck, Mufte, haricots, dan_k .... thanks so much!

thedug
Wiggling with Experience

Post by thedug » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:19 pm

Anybody know what module is at 1:30 that seems to be touch screen.

Douglas

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 pm

that's me in that shot, so yes, I do! It's a euro Modcan Touch Sequencer
thedug wrote:Anybody know what module is at 1:30 that seems to be touch screen.

Douglas

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 am

Just one week left in our IndieGoGo fundraising campaign, and we're still shy of 50% ...

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Finally managed to organize myself for the DVD-R boxset :bacon:
Come on folks, get these cats across the water!

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”