Why no midwest synth makers?

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

lvoemachine
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Why no midwest synth makers?

Post by lvoemachine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:28 am

So is there some reason you guys completely ignored visiting the middle of the US? It seems like you skipped a few important contributors to the modular community for whatever reason. I think it's crazy you don't even really touch on Serge, for example...

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Why no midwest synth makers?

Post by s o l v e n t » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm

lvoemachine wrote:So is there some reason you guys completely ignored visiting the middle of the US? It seems like you skipped a few important contributors to the modular community for whatever reason. I think it's crazy you don't even really touch on Serge, for example...
Budget, time, knowing when enough material is enough, there's a few substantial reasons... there's literally 2 of us who did this entire thing with no funding outside of director Robert's pocket + IndieGoGo.

Anyone who thinks "this film can't be right if you didn't include X person" or "a legend like Serge is more important than a start up like Kilpatrick" is thinking about this film, or what the modular synthesizer resurgence story is about, in a different way than we are. We're not writing a textbook on the history of modular synthesizers. IDOW is "about the phenomenal resurgence of the modular synthesizer — exploring the passions, obsessions and dreams of people who have dedicated part of their lives to this esoteric electronic music machine." We don't need to talk to Serge or any other specific manufacturer from the Midwest to realize that. I'm not saying Serge or Wiard or Low Gain or whoever wouldn't have been great to talk to - I'm sure they would've been. But then there is probably someone else who is just as outraged that we didn't travel to Australia to interview Ken Stone, or that we didn't interview Keith Emerson, or that we didn't interview more women, etc...

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

My mom is upset you didn't interview ME! :mad: :hihi:

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:12 pm

JohnLRice wrote:My mom is upset you didn't interview ME! :mad: :hihi:
OK I have to agree with mom, that is an outrage!

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Wait. I thought I just saw you in the hardcore edition trailer! Who was that :ghost:
Brian
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

"Vactrols ringing, Dude." "Thank you Donny"

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm

s o l v e n t wrote:
OK I have to agree with mom, that is an outrage!
:hail: :mrgreen:

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 pm

decaying.sine wrote:
Wait. I thought I just saw you in the hardcore edition trailer! Who was that :ghost:
??? :hmm: You must jest! :razz:

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:
??? :hmm: You must jest! :razz:
Seriously. I thought I saw you. I'll have to watch it again.
Brian
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." William Blake

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:45 am

Okay. I posted the still on your facebook page. I am getting an "internal error" when I try to upload the pic here.

It's up for just a second so I must have a phenomenal visual recognition and memory if that is you considering I haven't met you in person yet!
Brian

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 am

decaying.sine wrote:Okay. I posted the still on your facebook page. I am getting an "internal error" when I try to upload the pic here.

It's up for just a second so I must have a phenomenal visual recognition and memory if that is you considering I haven't met you in person yet!
Very close but no funny cigar! ;-) :hihi:

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
decaying.sine wrote:Okay. I posted the still on your facebook page. I am getting an "internal error" when I try to upload the pic here.

Now I'm wondering who he's referring to - where's the pic?

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 pm

s o l v e n t wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

It's at 9:12. Rico Loverde on Facebook said "pretty sure that's Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto" If you put a finger over his eyes, nose and mouth he looks like a dead ring to me, to me. :eek: :hihi:

decaying.sine
Broken <--> Fixed

Post by decaying.sine » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I can't upload images for some reason. Not sure why?
Brian

wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

Post by wavecircle » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 pm

Isn't Serge West Coast anyway? Serge was based there as was Rex for years.

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:53 pm

wavecircle wrote:Isn't Serge West Coast anyway? Serge was based there as was Rex for years.
No Rex is currently in the mid-west (Winconsin? Minnesota?)

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:55 pm

JohnLRice wrote:
s o l v e n t wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:

It's at 9:12. Rico Loverde on Facebook said "pretty sure that's Jack Dangers of Meat Beat Manifesto" If you put a finger over his eyes, nose and mouth he looks like a dead ring to me, to me. :eek: :hihi:
Yep that is Jack Dangers.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Trying to post a pic I got:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@muffwiggler.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”