I got my copy of "IDOW: Hardcore Edition" !

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

mechie
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mechie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:47 am

A box full of awe and wonder landed here yesterday - no interest from customs :tu:
No chance to peek at DVD yet - maybe this weekend... :?:
noise brigade wrote:Got cable but no screws, can live with that. looks like a special cable
The power lead is a standard 10 pin to 16 pin ribbon, just as many other modules are these days.
The PCB clearly shows where the negative (red stripe) should be - just make sure if you make your own lead that the polarising tab on the 10 pin connector matches the BatteryAcid socket before you crimp it.

Screws? I haven't decided if my module will go in a Doepfer G6 or a Rittal case yet - may be 3mm screws, may be 2.5mm, I buy them both in bags of 100 anyway :hyper:

kozepz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kozepz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:18 am

Package arrived today in The Netherlands, thanks for making this!

catatemycaps
Common Wiggler

Post by catatemycaps » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:20 am

DVD + T-shirt and some other goodies arrived today. :bananaguitar: :nana: :bananaguitar: :nana: :bananaguitar: :nana: :bananaguitar: :nana:

One happy Finn over here! :party: :party: :yay: :yay:

jbucks
Wiggling with Experience

Post by jbucks » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:20 am

My copy arrived today in Berlin, looking forward to watching it! Sorry for the blurry photo from my phone...

stromcat
Veteran Wiggler

Post by stromcat » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Received yesterday in Lahndahn, with thanks! x

onkel z
Common Wiggler

Post by onkel z » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:25 am

It arrived in Vienna/Austria!
Luckily no serious work needs to be done today :party:
Thanks guys!

Krater
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Krater » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:37 am

Arrived! Time to make a strong coffee.

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:11 am

Here is mine, arrived safe and sound in Ireland! She is sitting inside the patch I recorded for the live Muffs radio station last night!

Thank you so much!

BTW... Am I the only one who waved at the screen and said 'Hi Muff!' when Mike came on?

pixelmechanic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pixelmechanic » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Got my DVD and Make Noise T today!!
Last edited by pixelmechanic on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Isaiah
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Isaiah » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm

My DVD arrived a few days ago, thanks!

Reality Checkpoint
Confused By Electricity

Post by Reality Checkpoint » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Yep, got mine on Tuesday.

UK.

abstraktor

Post by abstraktor » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm

:banana:

Package has arrived!! Nice extra stuff, and I'll devote the weekend to immersing myself in Modular DVD geekness. Excellente!

p3t0r
Wiggling with Experience

Post by p3t0r » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:37 pm

received mine + tshirt today in the Netherlands.... can't wait to start watching!
Mix of vintage and Eurorack and Buchla. Some sounds at: http://soundcloud.com/p3t0r

a100user
All the gear, no idea!

Post by a100user » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Arrived today - so looking forward to getting some quality time in front of the TV
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

construct09
Sine me up

Post by construct09 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:17 am

Regarding the copies that have been 'lost' in transit, will they be replaced with Hardcore editions?

sonicwarrior
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sonicwarrior » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:54 am

construct09 wrote:Regarding the copies that have been 'lost' in transit, will they be replaced with Hardcore editions?
When the stuff is still coming in: How can you at this time be sure it really got lost? Give it a few weeks time.
Soundcloud
For sale: Jürgen Haible Tau Phaser (MOTM format)

construct09
Sine me up

Post by construct09 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:59 am

I and others have been notified that this is the case

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:06 am

construct09 is correct: I did just receive a list of international packages that are lost/undeliverable. All of those people have been contacted & I'm shipping out replacements ASAP.

If you're waiting, that doesn't mean yours is 1 of these. Many are still arriving every day throughout EU/UK/Asia/etc. You'll know if yours is 1 of the lost batch if you got an email from modular [at] idreamofwires [dot] org last night. Maybe check your spam box to double check

And to answer your Q construct09, Hardcore Edition is the only version that is released, so yes that is what you'll be receiving.

construct09
Sine me up

Post by construct09 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:38 am

:tu: Thanks

Cheradenine
Modulate me harder

Post by Cheradenine » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:43 am

Grabbed mine this morning at the post office, they tried to deliver it 2 days ago.
Many thanks :tu:

phosfiend
Wiggling with Experience

Post by phosfiend » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 am

Just wanted to share an email I sent to the IDOW people today, and to thank them again!
Hello to all involved,

You lot are no doubt super busy, but I just wanted to thank you for making this film. I've been watching the Hardcore Edition, and it's been an awesome source of inspiration and has reinvigorated me on a project I've been working on for 3 years now.

I started making a independent videogame about electronic music, which over time became a videogame about synthesizers, and am nearing the finish line in terms of production. I'm fucking exhausted, having worked on this thing for ~3 years, and I think I was starting to lose perspective a midst the bug-fixes, compromises, and jerry-rigged solutions as we rush to release.

I think somewhere in the past few months, I may have lost sight as to why I love synths so much - IDOW reminded me. And as soon as I'm done the game, assuming it's not a complete failure, I'll be building my first Eurorack system.

Thanks again, you guys rock!
:tu:

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:45 am

phosfiend wrote:Just wanted to share an email I sent to the IDOW people today, and to thank them again!
Hello to all involved,

You lot are no doubt super busy, but I just wanted to thank you for making this film. I've been watching the Hardcore Edition, and it's been an awesome source of inspiration and has reinvigorated me on a project I've been working on for 3 years now.

I started making a independent videogame about electronic music, which over time became a videogame about synthesizers, and am nearing the finish line in terms of production. I'm fucking exhausted, having worked on this thing for ~3 years, and I think I was starting to lose perspective a midst the bug-fixes, compromises, and jerry-rigged solutions as we rush to release.

I think somewhere in the past few months, I may have lost sight as to why I love synths so much - IDOW reminded me. And as soon as I'm done the game, assuming it's not a complete failure, I'll be building my first Eurorack system.

Thanks again, you guys rock!
:tu:
Awesome cheers! Have you seen Indie Game: The Movie? If not you should stop everything and watch it right away because you sound like the characters in that film to a T.

BadBadger
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BadBadger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 pm

s o l v e n t wrote:Indie Game: The Movie?
I recommend it as well. It will make you NEVER want to develop a game. :lol:

haricots
Droppin' Loads

Post by haricots » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm

received mine yesterday (and the shirt, postcards, button, stickers)!!! I watched part one so far and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the rest. Thanks for this. :guinness:

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:20 pm

haricots wrote:received mine yesterday (and the shirt, postcards, button, stickers)!!! I watched part one so far and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the rest. Thanks for this. :guinness:
Wow I could've walked it to you quicker!

Or is that a different Quelph (there's 1 in Ontario Canada)

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”