I got my copy of "IDOW: Hardcore Edition" !

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

haricots
Droppin' Loads

Post by haricots » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Hehe. I think it was sent to my old Guelph address then because I have a forward it then came to Bromont, QC. No worries, I'm a happy customer.

climbingtyler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by climbingtyler » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

Just got mine today thanks to lmgrovllum

Lakbra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Lakbra » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Thank you Robert Fantinatto, Jason Amm and all others involved in this endevour, I am anxiously looking forward to playing my bluray copy which I received today. I'm in Central America and customs didn't charge me fees nor any VAT!!! Lucky me!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

P.S. Pin has been successfully installed :sb:
Image[/img]

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dr. Sketch-n-Etch » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:15 pm

I got mine yesterday from Danjel van Tijn, with my shirt! :yay:

I was just going to watch a little bit lastnight, but of course I got sucked in and ended up watching the whole damn thing. It's pretty awesome -- Part 2 felt a bit long, but of course it is the hardcore edition.
Freedom is wasted on the Free

gliiitches
Common Wiggler

Post by gliiitches » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Just wanted to say my DVD and t-shirt arrived here, on the South Coast of England, today.

Haven't had chance to watch it yet though!

L.C.O.
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by L.C.O. » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:12 am

I am excited about the new batch of the Hardcore edition being released!
I missed it the first time, so am looking forward to this!
Is there any way to pre-order the next release?

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 am

L.C.O. wrote:I am excited about the new batch of the Hardcore edition being released!
I missed it the first time, so am looking forward to this!
Is there any way to pre-order the next release?
Great to hear, thanks!

No need to pre-order - it'll be avail to order very soon.

Any people who are posting about the repress - there is a thread about it, so I'd like to request posts about the repress be made there:

viewtopic.php?t=92529

Would've loved to see your post in there L.C.O. - that thread could use a little positivity right now!

rosch
roadkill

Post by rosch » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:19 pm

i got mine yesterday and already watched it twice. it's an awesome documentary, the best i've seen so far on modular, if not synth in general.
very glad to see not only an overview of the buchla/moog history from a different perspective but also have some of the more serious sound extremists covered, like Eric Barbour :hail: and Trent Reznor.

great work and imo a good decision to sell more of it. why has the good stuff always to be out of print or unobtainium
:sb:

johnny83
Common Wiggler

Post by johnny83 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Just finished my hardcore edition and it was very good! Some great ideas, really positive and exciting for the future of modular, cool to see the folks that make the modules and the guys I speak to regularly ordering them! Sadly no Shawn Cleary?!

L.C.O.
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by L.C.O. » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:04 pm

johnny83 wrote: [...] Sadly no Shawn Cleary?!
:-(

That's a serious oversight!

stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stk » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:48 pm

arrived this morning :sb: now to find the time to watch :ripbanana:

secretkillerofnames
Veteran Wiggler

Post by secretkillerofnames » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Another refugee arrives in Australia :sb:

construct09
Sine me up

Post by construct09 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:43 am

:bang: you luckeeeeeeee bastards......

noobyscooby
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noobyscooby » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:46 am

L.C.O. wrote:

He didnt want to be in it. Obviously he was asked.

stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:49 am

construct09 wrote::bang: you luckeeeeeeee bastards......
I have it on good authority that Tony taxed yours :hide:

101010oxo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by 101010oxo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:19 am

Look what I got!

fac
wig MUffler

Post by fac » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:43 pm

I just received my blu-ray copy today. Timing couldn't be more perfect since tomorrow's my birthday.

kirkwoodwest
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kirkwoodwest » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:11 pm

i got it... and loved it!!!

Ranxerox
All the gear, no idea

Post by Ranxerox » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:30 pm

I still haven't received mine :waah:

Has anyone in the UK had their copy kidnapped by customs on entering the country - could this explain the wait?

L.C.O.
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by L.C.O. » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 pm

noobyscooby wrote:
L.C.O. wrote:

He didnt want to be in it. Obviously he was asked.
Ha! Interesting...

Chrutil
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Chrutil » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Finally got my copy here in California after the post office sent the package on a 19 day statewide tour.
Jason got me the tracking # so I could follow along...
Wore my t-shirt today, but the first and only comment so far has been "Cool shirt. I Dream of Wines.. I like wine too."

BKehew
Common Wiggler

Post by BKehew » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm sure everyone will hate me for this, but I've been hoping SO much for this to come along... I hope you also understand it's good to be honest and voice fair opinions?

Watching it now, and getting more and more pissed off... just seems to voice a lot of opinions as fact, things that may not necessarily be true to history.

Sadly, many people will see this and assume such statements to be true. I look forward to the whole story, but an hour into it, they've totally missed the concept that Moog and Buchla used standardized interfaces, allowing the composer to CREATE their own instrument - a huge leap forward in instruments. I'm sure the point will be made later, but it's one of the main things you see in the first Moog systems built - CV control (hardly given any weight here...) and module standards.

There is clearly a Moog vs Buchla debate (Buchla wins here) that will probably require a whole new thread. It's nonsense, driven by opinion dressed as fact. There's lack of knowledge about early filtration, additice synthesis, computer control, presets, live performance, sound processing, etc etc that would totally change this argument made in the film.

And to hear the repeated slams against Switched-On Bach is making me ill. Certainly the musician who created that is a MASTER of the instrument, far more than most here today could claim. Yes, it's tonal music, but it's absolutely beyond-brilliant work. And her work since shows this to be just the start. The praising Daniel Miller and Gary Numan (I'm a huge fan) in the same hour is really nuts after dissing S-oB.

The slams against digital really won't hold water - anyone with ears can tell that analog and digital do not have a winner/loser - a genius can run any system and make great output. It matters not what they use.

I did love the RCA MkII system stuff - but don't forget nobody ever mentions there was a MkI just before it!?
Sorry for the rant. Looking forward to Part Two, though, I admit!!
Last edited by BKehew on Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadBadger
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BadBadger » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Chrutil wrote:Wore my t-shirt today, but the first and only comment so far has been "Cool shirt. I Dream of Wines.. I like wine too."
:lol:

I'm cracking up because the first day I wore mine to work, some cute young thing said, "Cool shirt. I Dream of Wives!" Fact is, I've only had one (ex), and the last time I dreamed about her, I got a soft-on. :ripbanana:

Monobass
thonk.co.uk

Post by Monobass » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:30 am

BKehew, I have to say I think a completely objective documentary is actually an impossible task and even attempting it would end in a very dry result.

To be fair It's true that my subjective tastes fell broadly in line with the documentary though. Without the context that Stanley Kubrick provided, the music of Wendy Carlos would be something I'd actively avoid.
Thonk - CLICK HERE - Modular Synth DIY + Eurorack Accessories Store

thesnow
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thesnow » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:28 pm

BKehew wrote:I'm sure everyone will hate me for this, but I've been hoping SO much for this to come along... I hope you also understand it's good to be honest and voice fair opinions?

Watching it now, and getting more and more pissed off... just seems to voice a lot of opinions as fact, things that may not necessarily be true to history.

Sadly, many people will see this and assume such statements to be true. I look forward to the whole story, but an hour into it, they've totally missed the concept that Moog and Buchla used standardized interfaces, allowing the composer to CREATE their own instrument - a huge leap forward in instruments. I'm sure the point will be made later, but it's one of the main things you see in the first Moog systems built - CV control (hardly given any weight here...) and module standards.

There is clearly a Moog vs Buchla debate (Buchla wins here) that will probably require a whole new thread. It's nonsense, driven by opinion dressed as fact. There's lack of knowledge about early filtration, additice synthesis, computer control, presets, live performance, sound processing, etc etc that would totally change this argument made in the film.

And to hear the repeated slams against Switched-On Bach is making me ill. Certainly the musician who created that is a MASTER of the instrument, far more than most here today could claim. Yes, it's tonal music, but it's absolutely beyond-brilliant work. And her work since shows this to be just the start. The praising Daniel Miller and Gary Numan (I'm a huge fan) in the same hour is really nuts after dissing S-oB.

The slams against digital really won't hold water - anyone with ears can tell that analog and digital do not have a winner/loser - a genius can run any system and make great output. It matters not what they use.

I did love the RCA MkII system stuff - but don't forget nobody ever mentions there was a MkI just before it!?
Sorry for the rant. Looking forward to Part Two, though, I admit!!
this belongs here:
viewtopic.php?t=91158&start=130

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”