Is Netflix instant on the eventual radar?

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

xonetacular
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Is Netflix instant on the eventual radar?

Post by xonetacular » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I was thinking about this the other day. After the theatrical release and DVD release are there any plans or talks about getting it on Netflix instant?

There's a lot of great indie docs on Netflix instant and it would be a great way to get a big audience of people who wouldn't normally see something like this in theaters or on DVD. A lot of things have picked up a big cult following like that and it would be pretty amazing to bring modular synths to a wider audience.

Illiac
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Illiac » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:06 pm

+1!

HeWhoWantsJeans
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by HeWhoWantsJeans » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:32 pm

No way. Putting this film on Netflix Instant Streaming would totally void the 'Limited Exclusivity' club that I totally bought into.
I've archived over 400 answering machines, and the best of which is constantly updated on Tumblr. Public domain! Enjoy! Donate, too!
http://answerphone.tumblr.com/
http://www.answer-phone.org

climbingtyler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by climbingtyler » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:42 pm

HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:No way. Putting this film on Netflix Instant Streaming would totally void the 'Limited Exclusivity' club that I totally bought into.
Wut? :sadbanana:

The more wigglers the better! :banana:

spunkytoofers
Wiggling with Experience

Post by spunkytoofers » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:24 am

climbingtyler wrote:
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:No way. Putting this film on Netflix Instant Streaming would totally void the 'Limited Exclusivity' club that I totally bought into.

it's a riff on the thread that the "limited" edition documentary is going to be re-pressed. i wouldn't suggest visiting it unless you are up for some mindless entertainment. :popcorn:

noobyscooby
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by noobyscooby » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:27 am

Finally locked. Thank everything.

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:32 am

there are some rules that film festivals have where you can't do certain things before a film shows in a festival or it disqualifies you from entry into the festival.. not saying that making it available via a service like netflix is one of those things.. but who knows???

i know that IDOW wasn't sanctioning any viewing parties at modular shops or other theaters yet because of some kind of festival rule.. and i guess one of the goals is to get it into festivals.

i think festivals can be places where streaming and on demand deals are struck.. not to mention wider distributorship.

so, perhaps in the medium to long game the plan is for netflix etc.. but it's early days yet.. it's only been out a short while. i'm sure there's lot's of momentum to build.

climbingtyler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by climbingtyler » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:05 am

spunkytoofers wrote:
climbingtyler wrote:

it's a riff on the thread that the "limited" edition documentary is going to be re-pressed. i wouldn't suggest visiting it unless you are up for some mindless entertainment. :popcorn:
Yeah I am aware of the chaos happening over there... It's just sad over there. So I'm gonna stay out of it.

We need more positivity up in here! :party: :nana: :banana: :nana: :party:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 am

climbingtyler wrote:
spunkytoofers wrote:
climbingtyler wrote:

Yeah I am aware of the chaos happening over there... It's just sad over there. So I'm gonna stay out of it.

We need more positivity up in here! :party: :nana: :banana: :nana: :party:
holy shit.. just read that thread. wtf. derped all over the place. i hope they repress it 2 or 3 times and sell every copy. it's already on the torrents though :despair:

climbingtyler
Veteran Wiggler

Post by climbingtyler » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:08 am

ignatius
Yep, it's a sad world over there... :waah:

DJFonzi
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DJFonzi » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am

I was just thinking last night that I need to put this on Netflix's radar.

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:15 am

So much for trying to leave MW... although this is definitely my last post here for a while...

Netflix is where things go when they are done... Last stop of the train. We're not done yet! I am sure IDOW will end up on Netflix, and it will be a great and huge thing for the film's exposure when it happens, but it won't be for a while.

I am not going to be logging into MW for the next while, so if you have any follow up questions please feel free to contact me via email info [at] idreamofwires [dot] org

thanks

Jason

BOETTKE
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BOETTKE » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:58 pm

def not ready to be netflixed anytime soon, wayyyyyyyy too premature, if you make a 4-hour film you deserve to sell it first! haha but it would be nice to see this streaming in a few years!

CKresse
Common Wiggler

Post by CKresse » Sun May 03, 2015 10:55 pm

climbingtyler wrote:

:tu:

freetheartichokes
1-Post Wiggler

Post by freetheartichokes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:36 am

+1!

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”