IDOW Extended Interview #10: Reznor & Cortini, NIN

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

IDOW Extended Interview #10: Reznor & Cortini, NIN

Post by s o l v e n t » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:44 pm

IDOW Extended Interview #10:
Trent Reznor & Alessandro Cortini, Nine Inch Nails

[video][/video]

I Dream Of Wires Extended Interview #10 is now online, with none other than Trent Reznor and Alessandro Cortini of Nine Inch Nails!

Pitchfork have just premiered the video - read about it here:

http://pitchfork.com/news/53325-watch-n ... ntary-clip

It's also now live on our Vimeo channel:

http://vimeo.com/idreamofwires/nineinchnails

In January 2012, the I Dream of Wires team visited the Hollywood studio of Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor, for a joint interview with fellow NIN member, Alessandro Cortini. Through his continued interest and adoption of cutting-edge electronic instrumentation, Reznor's been witness to the evolution of the synthesizer, from the giant unobtainium of '70s modulars, to the digital "how's the piano sound?" ROMplers of the '80s, right through to the current dominance of computer-based plug-in synthesizers. In our interview, Reznor expresses his enthusiasm for the recent wave of boutique modular synthesizer manufacturers, for having "brought a lot of that magic back into the synth world, that got lost in the Korgs and the Yamahas and the Rolands…." Additionally, Reznor and Cortini offer insight into the influence of an instrument's physical presence, and how for both of them, the process of interacting with hardware plays a crucial role in the resulting sound.

"I Dream Of Wires: Hardcore Edition" DVD, BluRay and accessories are available to order direct via: http://idreamofwires.org

southphillysynths
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by southphillysynths » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:46 pm

:sb: love it!

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Awesome! Thanks for that Solvent. I'm hoping the Pitchfork mention brings you a bunch of sales.

Also, please release all the extended interviews in DVD form! Pretty Please!

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:11 pm

Thanks for posting this! 8_)

I resonated with a lot of the things said and nodded and also giggled at the things I didn't relate to. :hihi:

batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: IDOW Extended Interview #10: Reznor & Cortini, NIN

Post by batchas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

EDIT:
message deleted!
no need to start a polemic here, even if there are sometimes things I don't understand.

Return to “I Dream Of Wires”