Steve Albini

Discuss everything related to production, recording, composition, etc.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

BailyDread
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Steve Albini

Post by BailyDread » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:26 pm

I am just going to edit this bc it didn't really make sense. basically I was commenting that the first word on tweez is "Steve". I think that says a lot about authorship over the sound of the album.

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by orangehexagon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:03 pm

The OP seems to suggest that amassing money is the only metric for success, which is honestly pretty fucking sad.

Albini does what he loves and does it the way he wants to do it. He doesn't compromise. He's not a super slick producer, he makes great recordings and fosters an environment where people can sound like themselves.

I live near Albini and we shop at the same grocery store and frequent the same post office. He's a genuine dude who seems happily married and living life the way he wants to live it.

I'd also like to point out that the OP has over 1k posts in under 1 year on here... is that a metric for success?

onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 pm

orangehexagon wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:03 pm
The OP seems to suggest that amassing money is the only metric for success, which is honestly pretty fucking sad.

Albini does what he loves and does it the way he wants to do it. He doesn't compromise. He's not a super slick producer, he makes great recordings and fosters an environment where people can sound like themselves.

I live near Albini and we shop at the same grocery store and frequent the same post office. He's a genuine dude who seems happily married and living life the way he wants to live it.

I'd also like to point out that the OP has over 1k posts in under 1 year on here... is that a metric for success?
Yes and OP plans to somehow incorporate it into his epitaph. Btw, what sort of grocery store are we talking about, like a Whole Foods or um, like a Shop-n-Save?
“no matter how fine you grind the dead meat, you’ll not bring it to life again“

BailyDread
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BailyDread » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:57 pm

what's your problem dawg?

Return to “Production Techniques”