Komplex!

Discussion and support for KOMA Elektronik effects pedals, eurorack gear and all the other stuff we do...

Moderators: Kent, infradead, osterchrisi

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:50 am

As far as I can tell, the Skip Step CV input under firmware v2 simply doesn’t work as documented here:

https://koma-elektronik.com/?encyclopedia=skip-step

If the mode is Skip (first mode lamp off), then a positive voltage at the jack seems to cause the step to repeat once, and then the voltage is thereafter ignored.

If the mode is Hold (first mode lamp on), then a positive voltage at the jack seems to cause the sequencer to skep every other step until the voltage goes low.

:hmm:

mdoudoroff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mdoudoroff » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:44 am

mdoudoroff wrote:As far as I can tell, the Skip Step CV input under firmware v2 simply doesn’t work as documented here:

https://koma-elektronik.com/?encyclopedia=skip-step

If the mode is Skip (first mode lamp off), then a positive voltage at the jack seems to cause the step to repeat once, and then the voltage is thereafter ignored.

If the mode is Hold (first mode lamp on), then a positive voltage at the jack seems to cause the sequencer to skep every other step until the voltage goes low.
I got some clarification from Robert at Koma on this:
the Skip Step Input acts as an CV Input for the Mode Menu. Therefore a high voltage at the Skip Step
input at the very beginning of the step results in the same behaviour as if this step would be deactived in the step menu.

There is a little difference though, which could cause the confusion:
A positive voltage at the skip step input will only cause the sequencer to skip/hold only one step. Otherwise even the shortest
gate would cause the sequencer to skip a lot of steps, which would make it uncontrollable. This is why we limited the amount
of skipped steps due to a signal at the skip step input to just one.
I asked them to update the knowledge base and they said they would.

trigger303
Learning to Wiggle

Post by trigger303 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:49 pm

I'm wondering when Komplex will be re-stocked.
They said it will be May 2018...

oldgearguy
Wiggling with Experience

CV recorder update

Post by oldgearguy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:18 pm

I recently picked up a used Komplex with the original 1.0 (or earlier?) OS installed. I successfully updated the MIDI and individual sequencer OSes, but I do not have a copy of the CV Recorder update. It's no longer included in the 2.0/2.3 ZIP file.

Does anyone have the 1.3 ZIP or whatever release had the latest/last CV Recorder update in it?

Yes, I've emailed Koma a couple times, but recently their response time has been less than stellar and I haven't heard anything back from them.

thanks

evileye0702
Ultra Wiggler

Re: CV recorder update

Post by evileye0702 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 pm

oldgearguy wrote:I recently picked up a used Komplex with the original 1.0 (or earlier?) OS installed. I successfully updated the MIDI and individual sequencer OSes, but I do not have a copy of the CV Recorder update. It's no longer included in the 2.0/2.3 ZIP file.

Does anyone have the 1.3 ZIP or whatever release had the latest/last CV Recorder update in it?

Yes, I've emailed Koma a couple times, but recently their response time has been less than stellar and I haven't heard anything back from them.

thanks
I should have all the updates at home. I'll check this evening ant get back to you.

evileye0702
Ultra Wiggler

Post by evileye0702 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:44 pm

oldgearguy wrote:I recently picked up a used Komplex with the original 1.0 (or earlier?) OS installed. I successfully updated the MIDI and individual sequencer OSes, but I do not have a copy of the CV Recorder update. It's no longer included in the 2.0/2.3 ZIP file.

thanks
Just checked. There is no "CV Recorder Update". All that was included in the 1.3 update was 4 sequencer updates. 2.0 has 4 sequencer updates and a MIDI update. You should have everything.

oldgearguy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by oldgearguy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:10 am

evileye0702 wrote:

thanks
Just checked. There is no "CV Recorder Update". All that was included in the 1.3 update was 4 sequencer updates. 2.0 has 4 sequencer updates and a MIDI update. You should have everything.
OK thanks for checking. I was just a bit confused since there was a blurb in an early post on this thread about a CV recorder update.

thisissami
1-Post Wiggler

Post by thisissami » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:35 pm

oldgearguy wrote:
evileye0702 wrote:

thanks
OK thanks for checking. I was just a bit confused since there was a blurb in an early post on this thread about a CV recorder update.
There is a v1.3 CV Recorder. I just got a Komplex running v1.2, and Koma sent me the v1.3 update. I can send you the file if you'd like.

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Post by suboptimal » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:51 pm

The other day I came into my office to find my 6-year-old mashing buttons on the Komplex. Apparently this is not a behavior that is recommended. Had to reflash Sequencer B and the MIDI chip to get things back to normal.

Three things:

1. AVR programmers are basic tools.
2. Koma's service is great.
3. Don't button mash your Komplex.

ZLAL
Common Wiggler

Post by ZLAL » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:39 am

Has anybody had difficulty with the firmware updates? I'm attempting to flash to 2.3 and no matter what I do - different cables, different devices, different programs playing the audio file, different volumes - the "stop" button begins blinking immediately when I start playing the audio file. My Komplex has been exhibiting a lot of strange behavior so it is more or less unusable at the moment.
Predation | Remote Neural Monitor | Behavior | Chamberlayne Industrial Center

Return to “KOMA Elektronik”