Koma Elektronik Kommander CV/Gate Motion Controller

Discussion and support for KOMA Elektronik effects pedals, eurorack gear and all the other stuff we do...

Moderators: Kent, osterchrisi

ether^ra
Wiggling with Experience

Koma Elektronik Kommander CV/Gate Motion Controller

Post by ether^ra » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm

...Just purchased from the fine gentlemen at CONTROL Brooklyn here's a quick demo. Enjoy!
John
http://etherra.blogspot.com
[video][/video]

osterchrisi
Common Wiggler

Post by osterchrisi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:31 am

Sweet! :banana:

migrations
Common Wiggler

Post by migrations » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 am

i'm considering grabbing one of these when i have the cash, but I was curious; whats the sensitivity like on these? IE how far away does your hand have/object have to be before it starts triggering? just love the possibilities of the unit given that its a standalone and can be used outside the confines of the rack...

Kingnimrod
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kingnimrod » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 am

I belive you can adjust the sensitivity via the trimmers in the bottom

glia
Veteran Wiggler

Post by glia » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm

in awe

alamandra
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by alamandra » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:16 am

gotta get me one of these can you run em off batteries i'm out of plug sockets here lol. I would expect you can since it's aimed at standalone can't get more standalone than has it's power supply inside it can you.
Shiney metal module shirt

osterchrisi
Common Wiggler

Post by osterchrisi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:51 am

It is possible to run the Kommander totally standalone but it eats quite a lot of current (around 500mA) so depending on your battery you would probably have less than one hour of running time and maximum something like two hours. Also, there is no space to fit in a 9V battery. But let me know if you think I can help you with making your Kommander standalone.

alamandra
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by alamandra » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:39 am

osterchrisi wrote:It is possible to run the Kommander totally standalone but it eats quite a lot of current (around 500mA) so depending on your battery you would probably have less than one hour of running time and maximum something like two hours. Also, there is no space to fit in a 9V battery. But let me know if you think I can help you with making your Kommander standalone.
Ah it uses more power than I thought, I thought it would be like a tv remote where the batteries literally last years lol. But I guess when the device also sends out voltages, and it's not just infrared there's much more power needed. I'm ok without standalone anyway I don't gig or anything, and I remembered there is another power outlet in this room I forgot about it as it's under the desk. But cheers for the offer of help all the same.

osterchrisi
Common Wiggler

Post by osterchrisi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 am

Well I guess the largest difference between a TV remote control and the Kommander is that the IR LEDs on the Kommander are running full power all the time whereas in your TV remote they literally only flash for miliseconds each time you press them.

alamandra
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by alamandra » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:09 am

osterchrisi wrote:Well I guess the largest difference between a TV remote control and the Kommander is that the IR LEDs on the Kommander are running full power all the time whereas in your TV remote they literally only flash for miliseconds each time you press them.
Ah yeh true I didn't think of that part. Fantastic bit of equipment though, being able to control things by moving your hand over IR led's brilliant idea.

Return to “KOMA Elektronik”