DC-1 Firmware News?

Support and discussion for soundmachines products.

Moderators: Kent, soundmachines

echologist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by echologist » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:11 am

Fantastic Video! Thanks a mil :hail:

robotopsy wrote:Finalllllly made a quick tips tutorial for the latest firmware

[video][/video]

BillyB909
Common Wiggler

Post by BillyB909 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Great video, many thanks.

Just picked one of these up as I wanted a gate sequencer with cv ins to replace a faulty Varigate 4. And I'd got some extra HP to populate too.

I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed by this - seems to hit the right balance between functionality and complexity, the matrix screen works really nicely in terms of visualising what's going on.

One odd thing I've noticed with the firmware update. I think there's a bug using the external clock. Whilst it seems to clock fine to the external input, when I've got the external set to 100, and the internal set to 101, it stutters a bit at the final step and then rejoins the sequence, in time, but a bit later on to take account of the stuttering. If you set the internal clock to match the external one, it's fine.

This is actually quite useful in a glitchy type of way, but probably not intended! it occurs whatever you are clocking it with.

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:05 am

many thanks for the video!

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:53 pm

Glad the video helped some !
It's quite a powerful sequencer
I highly recommend this one :yay:

echologist
Wiggling with Experience

Randomize

Post by echologist » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:29 pm

I would love to see a proper randomize function written into the next OS update. A simple one push feature that would allow randomization of all 8 tracks or each track separately. :tu:

pulse_divider

Post by pulse_divider » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Now that the Arches firmware has been released, will there be an update to fix the DC-1 bug when externally clock and using shuffle?

soundmachines
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soundmachines » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:10 am

pulse_divider wrote:Now that the Arches firmware has been released, will there be an update to fix the DC-1 bug when externally clock and using shuffle?
Hi Pulse Divider,
DC1 clock input is still a debated argument. We worked on this issue in teh apst and found out that several clock sources are somewhat tricky to follow. Of course, with the PLL function even one wrong count can lead to errors. We found some external units that have very big variations on clock pulse duration, sometimes leading to intepretation errors. Of course this is something that can be solved but unforntunately it impacts a lot on the timing structure of the firmware so far. We are planning working on the DC1 in the next weeks motnhs but, as of today, there are no fixed timing written down!
As you can see the firmware that ships with the units is the previous one and not the enhanced one with t he PLL function.
I'll be back with hopefully interesting news about the DC1!
soundmachines
we play synthesizers !
www.sound-machines.it

BobJack2010
Learning to Wiggle

Post by BobJack2010 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:51 am

any news?

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:49 pm

What really interests me is more than 8 loop to recall with CV.
The song mode can give you a lot more, I know but you cant switch to the next loop when you need it.

soundmachines wrote:
pulse_divider wrote:Now that the Arches firmware has been released, will there be an update to fix the DC-1 bug when externally clock and using shuffle?
Hi Pulse Divider,
DC1 clock input is still a debated argument. We worked on this issue in teh apst and found out that several clock sources are somewhat tricky to follow. Of course, with the PLL function even one wrong count can lead to errors. We found some external units that have very big variations on clock pulse duration, sometimes leading to intepretation errors. Of course this is something that can be solved but unforntunately it impacts a lot on the timing structure of the firmware so far. We are planning working on the DC1 in the next weeks motnhs but, as of today, there are no fixed timing written down!
As you can see the firmware that ships with the units is the previous one and not the enhanced one with t he PLL function.
I'll be back with hopefully interesting news about the DC1!

Return to “soundmachines”