Arches

Support and discussion for soundmachines products.

Moderators: Kent, soundmachines

JM Midnight
Common Wiggler

Arches

Post by JM Midnight » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:54 pm

Buongiorno!

I have seen that Soundmachines has released ARCHES on Perfect Circuit. It's one thousand USD, and I'd say that's a fair price. It combines Lightstrips and Lightpads in a Buchla-style workflow. I like that. Currently, I'm in need for a solid controller for my Eurorack, and I much prefer touchplates over keys. I own a Minibrute 2/S, but that is more for sequential control. I have a little Monotron Delay and I adore it's unconventional controller, but I would like to own a controller like the Delay that would command a Eurorack-style rig.

Does Arches have a sequencer and arpeggiator? I have seen videos of it demonstrated, but I could not figure out if Arches hosted these features internally or if you had to have it trigger other sequencers or arpeggiators.

Any feedback would be helpful as I am about to buy this kit in a couple of weeks.

Umcorps
Will patch for food

Post by Umcorps » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:34 am

Try this thread.

Start on the last page and work your way back

viewtopic.php?t=175329&postdays=0&posto ... &start=175

soundmachines
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Arches

Post by soundmachines » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi there!
Yes, arches can host up to three arpeggiators (each with its own notes, cv and midi outputs etc..), one step sequncer and 5 trigger sequencers (8 step).
The firmware that will be available friday will include the new sequencers and many improvement including sync capabilites etc..
We also will publish the new manual.
You can find the current version of the manual here:
arches manual
JM Midnight wrote:Buongiorno!

I have seen that Soundmachines has released ARCHES on Perfect Circuit. It's one thousand USD, and I'd say that's a fair price. It combines Lightstrips and Lightpads in a Buchla-style workflow. I like that. Currently, I'm in need for a solid controller for my Eurorack, and I much prefer touchplates over keys. I own a Minibrute 2/S, but that is more for sequential control. I have a little Monotron Delay and I adore it's unconventional controller, but I would like to own a controller like the Delay that would command a Eurorack-style rig.

Does Arches have a sequencer and arpeggiator? I have seen videos of it demonstrated, but I could not figure out if Arches hosted these features internally or if you had to have it trigger other sequencers or arpeggiators.

Any feedback would be helpful as I am about to buy this kit in a couple of weeks.
soundmachines
we play synthesizers !
www.sound-machines.it

soundmachines
Veteran Wiggler

Firmware 1.0.0 and new manual online!!!!

Post by soundmachines » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 pm

You can find the new firmwrae and the manual (with the update instructions!) right here:
arches official page
soundmachines
we play synthesizers !
www.sound-machines.it

JM Midnight
Common Wiggler

Post by JM Midnight » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Thank you, Davide, I think all my questions are answered. I'm gonna get this.

Return to “soundmachines”