The most valuable 4hp money can buy! soundmachines LS1

Support and discussion for soundmachines products.

Moderators: Kent, soundmachines

soundmachines
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soundmachines » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Paranormal Patroler wrote:
boramx wrote:i went berzerk and ordered 5 of these.

one for each digit on the right limb, the station at the rightmost part of the skiff.
Ok, so technically if you mult these and output them on an ADDAC VCFilterbank you get that fancy EQ module from Buchla. You know, the one that records EQ fader movements. :lol:
ya ya!!!!!!! still at a fraction of the price :)
soundmachines
we play synthesizers !
www.sound-machines.it

stainers
mopoetrytion

Post by stainers » Mon May 25, 2015 6:25 am

please excuse me if it's been stated but does the LS1 retain its memory after a power cycle?

auxren
Veteran Wiggler

Post by auxren » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Considering replacing my LP1 with multiple LS1s. Or just replacing it completely. It just doesn't get much use.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:19 pm

i just put two lightstrips in my case and i'm having a weird issue with my pitts waveforms. when i patch an output of the pitts, say the triangle, directly out of my rack to listen to, with no other patch cables in my system it sounds fine if the lightstrips are off/in their lowest cv position, but as soon as i start bringing the level up on the lightstrips i get a bad interference in my pitts waveforms, and it gets worse the higher (the more led lit) the lightstrips are. it sounds like the triangle, or sine gets more and more dirty/crackly the more i push the lightstirps. i'm using a 104 pitts move case and i'm not even using half of the power the case is rated at. if anyone has any ideas, i would much appreciate it.

erstlaub
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by erstlaub » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:33 pm

stainers wrote:please excuse me if it's been stated but does the LS1 retain its memory after a power cycle?
No, it always turns on in standard mode with an empty buffer on mine anyway. It's not dreadful though, it'll take you no time atall to have it doing whatever you wanted it to.

I've got a little query about the gate out, when I put a meter on it today, I noticed I was getting about 4.9v.

I can't seem to get it work as the trigger for sample and holding with either Disting and Doepfer A148 as this would be an awesome way of 'playing' oscs.

I don't suppose there is any way of sneakily pushing another 0.10 v out of the gate is there (magic trimmer/bypassing a resistor or somesuch)?

EDIT: OK, even weirder, the gate is strong enough to trigger and hold onto samples from other voltage sources but not the CV out from the LS1.

Can someone with a sample and hold test this out and see if it works for you, I can't fathom this one out at all.

I guess it could be that there's a delay between the voltage happening and the gate sending out its signal although I can't get it to change the voltage through the sample and hold atall so possibly not?

mikeh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mikeh » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 pm

brandonlogic wrote:i just put two lightstrips in my case and i'm having a weird issue with my pitts waveforms. when i patch an output of the pitts, say the triangle, directly out of my rack to listen to, with no other patch cables in my system it sounds fine if the lightstrips are off/in their lowest cv position, but as soon as i start bringing the level up on the lightstrips i get a bad interference in my pitts waveforms, and it gets worse the higher (the more led lit) the lightstrips are. it sounds like the triangle, or sine gets more and more dirty/crackly the more i push the lightstirps. i'm using a 104 pitts move case and i'm not even using half of the power the case is rated at. if anyone has any ideas, i would much appreciate it.
This sounds like not enough power issue for me.
Manual says it draws up to about 100mA on 12V rail when all LEDs are lit.

http://www.sound-machines.it/wp-content ... ep2013.pdf

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:34 pm

LS1Lightstrip Tutorial

Wanted to have some fun with this tutorial and give some useful infos.

[video][/video]

robotopsy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by robotopsy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 am

morphic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by morphic » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:10 pm

@robotopsy awesome video
My Mind is a Tangled Knot I Can No Longer Untie

masterofstuff124
Wiggling with Experience

Post by masterofstuff124 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:36 pm

no more on the website?

http://www.sound-machines.it/product/ls1lightstrip/

maybe switching to diy?

curious how they work. is it accurate enough to use for VCO slide synth style play.

soundmachines
Veteran Wiggler

Post by soundmachines » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:35 am

masterofstuff124 wrote:no more on the website?

http://www.sound-machines.it/product/ls1lightstrip/

maybe switching to diy?

curious how they work. is it accurate enough to use for VCO slide synth style play.
In production right now! Should receive the batch in few weeks.
It seems that everyone wants some of those... :)
Have a look at some of our resellers, they may have some in stock!

David
e
soundmachines
we play synthesizers !
www.sound-machines.it

Huhhmmmok
1-Post Wiggler

Re: The most valuable 4hp money can buy! soundmachines LS1

Post by Huhhmmmok » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Are these still in production? I'm trying to find one. Thanks!

Return to “soundmachines”