VCNO pitch tracking.

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

wuff_miggler
Ultra Wiggler

VCNO pitch tracking.

Post by wuff_miggler » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:22 am

im curious to know if any VCNO users have tried running a cv keyboard's pitch CV...through a buffered multiple and into both a VCOs pitch cv in and the VCNO's pitch input and playing both together. (VCNO doesnt state it's 1v per octave)...but wondering if its possible to get pleasing and some what melodic noise with this module as i've described.

Thanks! :D

señor-bling
Common Wiggler

Re: VCNO pitch tracking.

Post by señor-bling » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:43 pm

The SCRCH output comes closest to outputting anything actually melodic. It's a little tricky to tune due to its nature (+ the tuning isn't too stable) but I could get it to track for around an octave with an MI Tides played via a Keystep. I guess, you could get maybe another octave with sufficient patience. By itself I wouldn't call it "pleasing" in the traditional way, though :) However, add a big reverb and the Tides + SCRCH can be stunningly beautiful.
The other outputs can react nicely to V/Oct control and making use of the polarizer can be interesting as well. So yeah, I'd say it kinda sorta tracks.
Only had this module for a few months and so far I've mostly used it for percussion or clocked "random" gates.
don't fold the wave you're riding on

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”