Modules that can send the Mutant Brain a MIDI clock?

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

chuckleone
Common Wiggler

Modules that can send the Mutant Brain a MIDI clock?

Post by chuckleone » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:09 am

I have a Mutant Brain in my rack that I use along with a Novation Circuit and Arturia Keystep for sequencing and performing but there are times when I want to use my modular synth without any external MIDI gear so I am trying to find a simple, small module that can either convert a clock pulse to MIDI clock or even a clock module that has a MIDI out as well as analog clock.

So far the Erica Synths MIDI to Clock V2 is the only thing that I have found that seems to be able to do this. Are there any other modules that can do something similar, preferably in a smaller hp footprint?

inoshi
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Modules that can send the Mutant Brain a MIDI clock?

Post by inoshi » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:23 am

Im confused. Why do you need midi to clock your modular if you're not using external gear?

chuckleone
Common Wiggler

Post by chuckleone » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:27 am

Like I posted, there are times when I DON'T use external sequencing and want to continue using the Mutant Brain as a clock divider.

kitzmann
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kitzmann » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:41 am

Just curious on how easy it was to get your Mutant Brain to communicate with the Novation Circuit. Did you have to configure the Brain or did the default settings work straight out of the box?

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”