Calibrating MIDI2CV module

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

ekke
Learning to Wiggle

Calibrating MIDI2CV module

Post by ekke » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 am

Hey,
I'm bit confused with the v/oct calibration process. My module has right now too wide octaves, it raises around half step. c1-c#2... I managed to zero down all the opamps, but I don't know the routine with the scaling. when I checked with my multimeter the cv outs, there was also a raise in value with every octave, but I couldn't get rid of it with the trimpots.. Then I started to calibrate the module with my ears and chromatic tuner, but also that didn't give me the results.. Can someone describe me exactly the procedure how they managed to calibrate the module please? When to turn the trimpots, when to turn the fine tune on your vco and so on...

Thanks a lot and all the best!

ekke

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:18 pm

You shouldn't need to have it connected to a VCO, just use a voltmeter on the CV outputs. If you follow the instructions here http://hexinverter.net/public/hexinvert ... ARE5.7.pdf you should be able to calibrate it fairly precisely.

ekke
Learning to Wiggle

wrong resistor

Post by ekke » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:45 am

Yep, it was very easy, but after I found out, that I had put 220K instead of 200K..

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:48 am

Ah, that would probably make it a bit less accurate :)

pppier
Learning to Wiggle

I cannot follow the link... and find no info on calibrating.

Post by pppier » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:48 am

kisielk wrote:You shouldn't need to have it connected to a VCO, just use a voltmeter on the CV outputs. If you follow the instructions here http://hexinverter.net/public/hexinvert ... ARE5.7.pdf you should be able to calibrate it fairly precisely.

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”