Orbitals ON-OFF Step Indicator

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

oscarthesquirrel
Veteran Wiggler

Orbitals ON-OFF Step Indicator

Post by oscarthesquirrel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:24 am

I'm considering buying the PCB/Panel kit (whenever it gets back into stock) to have a different step sequencer in my setup (currently I've got 3xA-155s and 2xA-154s).

Having watched the Hex youtube demo, I noticed that there is no way to know what steps are actively selected (ie the step selectors do not illuminate when activated except when running through a sequence).

On the A-155, the toggle switches give the visual clue about whether a step is on/off when the sequence is actively running - seems as if Orbitals doesn't.

Have I missed something - appreciate advice from any other Orbitals owner, or indeed Mr Hex himself :cloud:
"You can never have too many LFO's..."

EarlJemmings
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by EarlJemmings » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:30 am

Used to own one, this was an issue for me. The only way to tell if a step was on is by looking to see if the button is depressed. Unfortunately this doesn't work out at certain angles and in dark clubs.
It is quite a good sequencer besides this though.

schmuck
Common Wiggler

Post by schmuck » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 am

Agree this is about the only flaw of this little seq, I love it really apart from that. Studio use only, so not a real problem for me, but I can see in live situations this is a bit of a killer. Else it really delivers and is very well thought out IMO.

oscarthesquirrel
Veteran Wiggler

Post by oscarthesquirrel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:17 am

OK - thanks guys...you're confirming what I thought...however,,,as I'm building DIY, there may be the option to use a latching switch that lights up when depressed (locked) as well as pulsing when it receives a trigger....

I'll move this question over to the DIY forum, although there is precious little traffic about DIY Hex builds.....

The question about a lighted switch being able to be triggered briefly should be a valid topic though....
"You can never have too many LFO's..."

SpecG
Learning to Wiggle

Post by SpecG » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:48 am

it would be nice if they had a mod to get this to work, makes unit more of a novelty then music instrument.

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”