Scan frequency sync

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

raccoonboy
Wiggling with Experience

Scan frequency sync

Post by raccoonboy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi.

I have a mutant machine, it's much fun. However it would be great if the scan frequency could be in time with a clock source for example. Is this possible? I'm away from my modular at the moment but as far as I remember the CV in for the scan freq doesn't take trigger input it's just a regular 'knob changer'.

Is this possible somehow

VanEck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by VanEck » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Not sure I am following ya... the Freq CV input controls what you are asking for.
DISHEVELED -- PROMETHEUS BURNING -- FOUR PI MOVEMENT

SysEx Dumpster podcast - modular, gear, and other garbage

raccoonboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by raccoonboy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:21 am

I thought it just adjusted the speed according to a voltage. i.e. 1volt is fast 2 volts is much faster. This way it cannot be synced to change in time with the tempo of the song.

Unless I am wrong and it actually goes in time with a clock signal, but I don't remember it doing this.

raccoonboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by raccoonboy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:05 pm

and I just realised my first post made no sense. Hopefully second is a little better. always crap at explaining haha.

hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Re: Scan frequency sync

Post by hexinverter » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:31 pm

raccoonboy wrote:Hi.

I have a mutant machine, it's much fun. However it would be great if the scan frequency could be in time with a clock source for example. Is this possible? I'm away from my modular at the moment but as far as I remember the CV in for the scan freq doesn't take trigger input it's just a regular 'knob changer'.

Is this possible somehow
Hiya! Sorry for the late reply. I don't monitor this forum enough (no time!!! ahhh!)

Anyway I think you are looking for the CLOCK input on the Machine. When you put a square wave/LFO/VCO/whatever into here, the waveform scan advances with an external clock. You can sync it to whatever you like, in this way :)

:nana: :nana:
Hexinverter Électronique
em: stacy[at]hexinverter.net

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”