Next in the mutant series?

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Next in the mutant series?

Post by monoscan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:48 pm

I have a BD9 and rimshot in the mail from Detroit Modular arriving Tuesday. All I'm missing is the Mutant Machine, which I've heard mixed reviews on.

That aside, what do you expect / want next out of eurorack drum modules? I'd totally go for 909 hats / cymbals (because I doubt I'll get something to play R8 samples out of!)

I never thought modular drums would be as fun as they are, but I definitely have a3U 104hp case dedicated solely to my mutant modules. I love these!

hexinverter
the nettles make me think happy times

Re: Next in the mutant series?

Post by hexinverter » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:06 am

monoscan wrote:I have a BD9 and rimshot in the mail from Detroit Modular arriving Tuesday. All I'm missing is the Mutant Machine, which I've heard mixed reviews on.

That aside, what do you expect / want next out of eurorack drum modules? I'd totally go for 909 hats / cymbals (because I doubt I'll get something to play R8 samples out of!)

I never thought modular drums would be as fun as they are, but I definitely have a3U 104hp case dedicated solely to my mutant modules. I love these!
Hey there! Glad to hear you are enjoying modular drums! They certainly get my gear jonesing sated as well...perhaps why I keep designing them!

Ah yes, the Mutant Machine can be a feisty machine. Based on user feedback, I've found that it's one that's hard to dive into without consulting the manual and spending a good bit of time with it.

I can't spill too many beans on the next Mutants yet but suffice to say that the ROM-based cymbals/hats in some of the legendary drum machines are not something that I have forgotten about in our plans for Mutant Drum aliens taking over the world :goo: :tu:
Hexinverter Électronique
em: stacy[at]hexinverter.net

monoscan
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Next in the mutant series?

Post by monoscan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:30 pm

hexinverter wrote:
monoscan wrote:I have a BD9 and rimshot in the mail from Detroit Modular arriving Tuesday. All I'm missing is the Mutant Machine, which I've heard mixed reviews on.

Hey there! Glad to hear you are enjoying modular drums! They certainly get my gear jonesing sated as well...perhaps why I keep designing them!

Ah yes, the Mutant Machine can be a feisty machine. Based on user feedback, I've found that it's one that's hard to dive into without consulting the manual and spending a good bit of time with it.

I can't spill too many beans on the next Mutants yet but suffice to say that the ROM-based cymbals/hats in some of the legendary drum machines are not something that I have forgotten about in our plans for Mutant Drum aliens taking over the world :goo: :tu:
Mutant Machine is still on my watchlist...I'll get one eventually. It seems like an awesome machine for happy accidents. Cant wait to see what is next!

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”