CocoQuantus Function Map

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

Spacelooper
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Spacelooper » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:08 pm

ok.. here is an updated version.... am hoping this is closer.
Thanks guys!

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Wed May 25, 2016 11:52 am

So a couple of n00b questions regarding audio routing. There's a stereo in, and bananas on the Cocos. White outs on the left for piezo and XLR input. The stereo ins are normalled to the cocos, but will plugging the output of one of the cocos into the input on the other bypass the 1/8" audio in?

And then there are the envelope followers: do they only follow the XLR and piezo inputs? Is there a possibility if a mod to allow them to follower the 1/8" ins? Thanks!

thresholdpeople
Veteran Wiggler

Post by thresholdpeople » Wed May 25, 2016 5:23 pm

If I understand your first question correctly -- plugging in a signal to the Green banana Coco input will not override the 1/8" signal. They'll be mixed together.

The answer to the second question is that the envelope followers are only for the XLR and piezo inputs. You'd need to run your signal into either of those inputs in parallel with the 1/8" signal to get the envelope.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:04 am

thresholdpeople wrote:If I understand your first question correctly -- plugging in a signal to the Green banana Coco input will not override the 1/8" signal. They'll be mixed together.

The answer to the second question is that the envelope followers are only for the XLR and piezo inputs. You'd need to run your signal into either of those inputs in parallel with the 1/8" signal to get the envelope.
Cool, thanks for the info!

odditymedium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by odditymedium » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:22 am

what is the purpose of the envelope follower? what does it do?

knows
Common Wiggler

Post by knows » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:13 am

Creates a voltage signal that follows the envelope of the audio that is applied to these inputs.

odditymedium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by odditymedium » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:30 am

and what can you do with that?

knows
Common Wiggler

Post by knows » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:04 pm

You can experiment and have fun!

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:46 am

Let's say you put an 808 kick drum with a long decay into one of the audio ins... you can patch the envelope out to an FM input and get the oscillator's to follow the volume envelope of said 808. Or hook a mic up and gate the input of one of the Coco's...or stick a piezo up your backside and squeeze to change the switching matrix... whatever your little heart desires. I haven't actually tested that last patching, but it should work in theory. You can also send that envelope to other gear if you connect the CQ's ground to it. And yes, it is fun and useful.

The Grump
Veteran Wiggler

Post by The Grump » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 pm

BTW, a fun discovery: when squishing Skips and Flips, the FM inputs will also provide some modulation. I'm not sure why this occurs, (maybe a lack of diode in the circuit?) but it's a fun thing, especially when the source OSC is running at audio rate.

rmro
Common Wiggler

Post by rmro » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:21 am

when the Dolby switches are in the Up position they don’t seem to have any discernible effect, I read the intention is to reduce background noise...is that correct? Seems a bit odd considering the characterful noise introduced of the loopers.

0netwo0netwo
Wiggling with Experience

Re:

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:38 pm

Spacelooper wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:00 pm
I recently purchased a Cocoquantus 2 and am attempting to get my head around it. I had found a "Cocoquantus Map" on here (via this thread). I have attempted to update it or fill in the couple of blanks that were on it. All you Cocoquantus GuRu's out there... does this info look accurate? Is there anything else anyone would add?

thanks!

Yes thanks for the refresh on the diagram on the coco. I think it might be a good idea to keep some of the original verbiage like “castle out” to bridge everything together

And what i would really enjoy is if we can share information on how some of the knobs act differently in the ciat-lonbarde world. I have a coco and a plumbutter now and some of the knobs And switches just operate weird

The modulation amount knob for each coco feels like to apply modulation you want to turn it ccw

The rate knobs for each of the different rollz on plumbutter all feel like they begin at different spots and i recently learned the leds in the rollz section are only for each of the 4rollz, the 3rollz dont get one because theyre just “chaotic”

So yeah little secrets unknowns like that added to these picture maps would be really great i think

0netwo0netwo
Wiggling with Experience

Re:

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:40 pm

Spacelooper wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:00 pm
I recently purchased a Cocoquantus 2 and am attempting to get my head around it. I had found a "Cocoquantus Map" on here (via this thread). I have attempted to update it or fill in the couple of blanks that were on it. All you Cocoquantus GuRu's out there... does this info look accurate? Is there anything else anyone would add?

thanks!

Yes thanks for the refresh on the diagram on the coco. I think it might be a good idea to keep some of the original verbiage like “castle out” to bridge everything together

And what i would really enjoy is if we can share information on how some of the knobs act differently in the ciat-lonbarde world. I have a coco and a plumbutter now and some of the knobs And switches just operate weird

The modulation amount knob for each coco feels like to apply modulation you want to turn it ccw

The rate knobs for each of the different rollz on plumbutter all feel like they begin at different spots and i recently learned the leds in the rollz section are only for each of the 4rollz, the 3rollz dont get one because theyre just “chaotic”

So yeah little secrets unknowns like that added to these picture maps would be really great i think

SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST, my phone was being weird and now i dont know how to delete a post after this recent refresh of the forums

:help: :doh:

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by GrantB » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 pm

0netwo0netwo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:40 pm

They are attenuverters, which is what Peter means by Serge style. Off is at 12:00, cw for positive, ccw for negative. Same as gongue, avdog, ultra...

0netwo0netwo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:51 pm

GrantB wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 pm
0netwo0netwo wrote:

They are attenuverters, which is what Peter means by Serge style. Off is at 12:00, cw for positive, ccw for negative. Same as gongue, avdog, ultra...
All the knobs like this on the butter only or everything??

GrantB
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by GrantB » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:23 pm

0netwo0netwo wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:51 pm
GrantB wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 pm
0netwo0netwo wrote:

All the knobs like this on the butter only or everything??
only on purple cv ins

0netwo0netwo
Wiggling with Experience

Re: CocoQuantus Function Map

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:24 pm

got it
\//
thank you so much for that bit of information

Boodaleechees
Common Wiggler

Re: CocoQuantus Function Map

Post by Boodaleechees » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:24 am

Expecting the arrival of a used coco2 sometime in the next week or so. THANK YOU for this. I totally get the 'experiment!' thing, but a place to start will aid said experimentation exponentially. :hyper:

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”