What’s your favourite Tocante?

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

Titus
Learning to Wiggle

What’s your favourite Tocante?

Post by Titus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 am

So what’s your favourite Tocante and why?

I’m really interested in the Tocantes and I’d love to hear Some Wiggler options on your faves.

I love exploring mines and want to bring CL gear down but I’m worried that Tet, Sid etc might be too vulnerable in the environment (lots of dust and very humid) so the Tocantes look perfect seeing as they were designed to be played in caves.

But I’m very unsure of which ones to invest in as they all seem so different.

Please post videos and audio if you have any with your Tocante. Extra points if you recorded it outside or in caves/mines!

odeland
Learning to Wiggle

Re: What’s your favourite Tocante?

Post by odeland » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 pm

i love my thyris. it sound like a strange bowed instrument, and i like it acoustic sound, it is perfect when i play clarinet to can put in some fake strings, also the noise it can make is fun to explore

Titus
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Titus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:13 am

odeland wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:25 pm
i love my thyris. it sound like a strange bowed instrument, and i like it acoustic sound, it is perfect when i play clarinet to can put in some fake strings, also the noise it can make is fun to explore
Triangle wave sounds very appealing. I haven’t heard much of the Thyris. Combo with with clarinet sounds great

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:15 am

yeah- a lot of people seemed to be excited about the sine one, whcih would on paper be my first choice too i think, but i feel like the thyris is the one that has garnered most enthusiasm from people who have used them

Smokey
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Smokey » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Here are some playlists for Phashi and Karper videos I made a while back. I really love the Phashi as it feels like an instrument in the way that I could create reproducible melodies on it. The Karper is just nutzo and super fun to play.

Unfortunately the Phashi died. I sent it to Control for their synth spa recharge thing but that only lasted about a month or so. I really want to try one of the bass Tocantes! Amazingly fun instruments and perfect for outdoor playing. Much respect and appreciation to Peter for creating these fun, solar powered joys!

sungja
Wiggling with Experience

Post by sungja » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm

I had all the tocantes at some point but kept my thyris, bistab and karper. These 3 are the most responsive and have the deepest range of sounds. The bass versions are great if you want to make some deep minimal drones but besides that i found nothing special about them. Some day maybe i will have a go at the tocante kits, would love to experiment with some alternative scales.

SPIKE the Percussionist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SPIKE the Percussionist » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Karper.

it's just so bizarre sounding...the weirder the better!
:twisted:
++

more noiz!

SPIKE the Percussionist

- http://www.manipulate.net -

ASTROGENIC HALLUCINAUTING
CoRE - Constructs of Ritual Evolution
DOGGEBI
Fiddle Witch and the Demons of Doom
morgue city
Unified Space

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”