stuber DDD anticipation station

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Re: stuber DDD anticipation station

Post by k_bntzn » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:12 am

I believe the choices Peter made with the hot and cold colours of the banana jacks really makes a lot of sense. Yellow is the hottest for a reason so i tend to be a little bit careful with those.

Why he choose to make the ovals with banana jacks in a random colour does not make sense too me, but if all nodes are androgynous it really doesnt matter i guess.

PLNB
Common Wiggler

Post by PLNB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:15 pm

Would be great to get a "green light" on what patching is safe to/from stuber to other CL gear.

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 pm

sungja wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:12 am
Why he choose to make the ovals with banana jacks in a random colour does not make sense too me, but if all nodes are androgynous it really doesnt matter i guess.
Did you watch his chat on Patch Points Instagram today? I have to say, he made his reasons real clear and as a user I TOTALLY get it 🖤

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:22 pm

Will go watch it now even tho i should get some sleep.

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:41 pm

When he gets to the brown jack :hihi:

So i understand the purpose of random colours better now even though he also talks about the prefered way of having touch nodes also and no colours. I guess you could always use bare banana plugs and have best of both worlds, and then you can also only touch the ones you wanna play for a particular patch.

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:53 pm

I also think the colour scheme of hot and cold is only for the plumbutter because the cocoquantus has grey for output and the organs have grey for input.

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:22 pm

sungja wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:53 pm
I also think the colour scheme of hot and cold is only for the plumbutter because the cocoquantus has grey for output and the organs have grey for input.
Great points 👍

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:03 pm

Stuber owners tell us about the instrument please! i’m nearly about to click buy every day lol

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:22 pm

timeforest wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:03 pm
Stuber owners tell us about the instrument please! i’m nearly about to click buy every day lol
I haven’t had enough time with it to really break it down BUT I will say it took only 3 cables to be like “OK, I don’t regret buying this at all”.

It sounds fantastic and is less frightening than I imagined. I went with the banana version and though I haven’t figured it all out, it does become somewhat obvious fairly quickly what affects what. And the jacks seem somewhat logically laid out to represent this!

I think it may be one of the most underrated devices in the CL camp (even if it is Din Datin Dudero 😂). Like, I mostly make tonal and ambient music and fell so in love with it that I’m almost considering buying one of the surf board synths just to explore the texture in it 🤔

I won’t be able to offer any more than that but I hope it helps 😬

Goldenage2012
Common Wiggler

Post by Goldenage2012 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:09 am

I haven’t seen much videos of Stuber in action.
Here’s one :)

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”