MWRS - green bananas missing?

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

northerntao
Common Wiggler

MWRS - green bananas missing?

Post by northerntao » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Just got my PB2 and am enjoying it immensely, although my cats are going crazy with all the high Q madness.

But I’m a little confused (surprise, surprise) with the manual. According to the manual, there should be additional green bananas to pulse the sequencer input, but all I see is the green banana for the clock.

“And on the front face, between the buttons, are two additional green bananas. These supplement the buttons by allowing you to pulse input andoff/oron data automatically.“

Am I daft, or missing something, or both?

I’ve read through most of the posts here - sorry if I missed any reference to this.

mrhoudis
Learning to Wiggle

Re: MWRS - green bananas missing?

Post by mrhoudis » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:29 am

Those are on version 1. Version 2 doesn’t have them.

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:09 am

northerntao wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm
Just got my PB2 and am enjoying it immensely, although my cats are going crazy with all the high Q madness.

But I’m a little confused (surprise, surprise) with the manual. According to the manual, there should be additional green bananas to pulse the sequencer input, but all I see is the green banana for the clock.

“And on the front face, between the buttons, are two additional green bananas. These supplement the buttons by allowing you to pulse input andoff/oron data automatically.“

I’ve read through most of the posts here - sorry if I missed any reference to this.
This confused me at first too and I have to say, I sure wish they were on version 2! There’s a whole world of fun I think we’re missing there 😭

mrhoudis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mrhoudis » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:25 pm

samule.edmoon wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:09 am
northerntao wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:25 pm

This confused me at first too and I have to say, I sure wish they were on version 2! There’s a whole world of fun I think we’re missing there 😭
V1 doesn’t have the VCAs on the mixer, so it’s a trade off. Now THAT’s a whole world of fun I think I’m missing with my V1.

northerntao
Common Wiggler

Post by northerntao » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:49 pm

mrhoudis wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:25 pm
samule.edmoon wrote:

V1 doesn’t have the VCAs on the mixer, so it’s a trade off. Now THAT’s a whole world of fun I think I’m missing with my V1.
Ya, it is kind of a bummer - I would trade the extra sequencer inputs for the VCAs, but there is so much going on here that's its not a deal breaker. I didn't hone in on that function until after the PB2 arrived, so it wasn't like I was expecting it.

mrhoudis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mrhoudis » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:15 pm

northerntao wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:49 pm
mrhoudis wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:25 pm
samule.edmoon wrote:

Ya, it is kind of a bummer - I would trade the extra sequencer inputs for the VCAs, but there is so much going on here that's its not a deal breaker. I didn't hone in on that function until after the PB2 arrived, so it wasn't like I was expecting it.
Keep an eye out for a V1 then, they pop up and usually sell cheaper than the V2. But tbh I never really use the button inputs on my V1, to me they seem kind of redundant to the regular data in.

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:21 pm

the mixer vcas seem to be the most undervalued part of pb2 and one of my favorite aspects. definitely wouldn’t take extra sequencer inputs over them

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimmie » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:10 am

Although I've never heard v1 in person I assume PB website's samples were made by v1, and I can't help liking the sound more than my v2. They sound more raw to me, like ultrasounds on my v2 don't sound like the sample no matter what I do. They sound more like rollz5's. "housekeeping mods to clean the sound" is maybe what I'm thinking about. I prefer to v2's formfactor, tho.

k_bntzn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by k_bntzn » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:18 am

This means you gotta have both versions :razz:

mrhoudis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mrhoudis » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:21 am

timeforest wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:21 pm
the mixer vcas seem to be the most undervalued part of pb2 and one of my favorite aspects. definitely wouldn’t take extra sequencer inputs over them
Thanks- I really really really wish I had them. I got a V1 because because it was being sold super cheap. I also kinda like how big it is. But functionally the addition of the mixer VCAs completely outweigh any of the smaller changes (like sequencer buttons and the snare noise knob). I really wish I had those VCAs.

samule.edmoon
Common Wiggler

Post by samule.edmoon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 am

timeforest wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:21 pm
I certainly wouldn’t trade either! That’s where 90% of my Plum textures come from.

I can’t help but imagine a whole new world of stumbling PB rhythms that could come from feeding the clock n data ins with some Rollz though.... 🤤

dreamrobe
Common Wiggler

Post by dreamrobe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:15 am

i can‘t seem to make good use of the blue vca‘s.
can anyone give some examples on how to use them?

mrhoudis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mrhoudis » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:47 pm

dreamrobe wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:15 am
Turn the Q up all the way on a gong to make it drone, then turn the drone on and off with another signal into the VCA

dreamrobe
Common Wiggler

Post by dreamrobe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 pm

mrhoudis wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:47 pm
dreamrobe wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:15 am
Turn the Q up all the way on a gong to make it drone, then turn the drone on and off with another signal into the VCA
Nice!

Any use for the blue vca‘s of the rolls?

timeforest
Common Wiggler

Post by timeforest » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:19 pm

plug audio rate and cv bananas from everywhere into the blue mixer vcas

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”