Cocoquantus WHATs UP with them Inputs?? NEWER 1/8"

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Cocoquantus WHATs UP with them Inputs?? NEWER 1/8"

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:00 pm

so the piezo inputs easily seems hotter/distorts with whatever you put in there. leading me to believe its delicate lol

if I plug into the input on the left its only heard in the left looper input
In order to get the signal in the right looper also I have to do what was suggested and take the right side of my signal into the piezo input and then take the white out into the green input on the right looper

if this is the case what is the purpose of the 1/8" input on the right side or even having two at all?

I can get signal using the right input and sending it to the right looper if I only plug the tip in about halfway but that doesnt seem like a good method

Im just wondering I guess why not just have only one input if thats the way its going to function??
am i missing something??

thank you

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Cocoquantus WHATs UP with them Inputs?? NEWER 1/8"

Post by jimmie » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:39 am

you have two input sources simultaneously, which is better than having only one, isn't it? Actually Peter said in my email that they meant like connecting the Sidrax and an iPod at the same. BTW front inputs are stereo while piezo one is mono. Input a stereo source you hear it from both cocos.

triangle
Learning to Wiggle

Post by triangle » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:05 am

The piezo input is also a stereo input jack. I often use a stereo y-adapter and hook up two mono sources through the piezo input just mind the level’s cause it’s intended to amplify a piezo signal. Obviously just the one mono output, but you could hook say sidrax and hear both press and release as a mono channel etc.

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:22 pm

jimmie wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:39 am
you have two input sources simultaneously, which is better than having only one, isn't it? Actually Peter said in my email that they meant like connecting the Sidrax and an iPod at the same. BTW front inputs are stereo while piezo one is mono. Input a stereo source you hear it from both cocos.

so the plug recognizes wether the sources plugged in is mono or stereo?
and so since the left & right inputs are stereo and they can also be used simultaneously but only if both sources are mono?

that still doesnt explain why when im plugging the left side of a stereo source into the left coco I hear it but why cant I hear anything when I plug the right signal into the right coco? only when I plug into the piezo and reroute it into the right coco?

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:24 pm

triangle wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:05 am
The piezo input is also a stereo input jack. I often use a stereo y-adapter and hook up two mono sources through the piezo input just mind the level’s cause it’s intended to amplify a piezo signal. Obviously just the one mono output, but you could hook say sidrax and hear both press and release as a mono channel etc.
thanks for that tip, yeah i noticed the piezo input is the hottest gave me this :foul:

triangle
Learning to Wiggle

Post by triangle » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:54 pm

The two main inputs are both stereo jacks. tip goes to the left coco and ring goes to right coco. if you plug a mono cable into either then that signal will only go to the left coco. hope that helps

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:37 pm

yes its confusing but i understand it all a little better now, thank you everyone for the help

batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batchas » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:52 pm

0netwo0netwo wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:22 pm
that still doesnt explain why when im plugging the left side of a stereo source into the left coco I hear it but why cant I hear anything when I plug the right signal into the right coco?
If you're using a sereo cable for this stereo signal, then it is not normal not to get the signal also at the right side.
-----------------------------------
FS: KESAKO Player & Reverb for Serge and Buchla

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:13 am

originally it was not a stereo cable, it was two cables with 1/4" at one end and then 1/8" on the other, but i figured out if I want to have the result of the signal in both coco's without having to re-route the right side from the piezo then I can use my cable that has 1/8" trs on one side that then splits into L & R 1/8" tips. Taking the previously mentioned double 1/8" tips into two channels on my low gain jumbler and then out the two 1/8" tips and then plug the 1/8" trs tip into the left coco input and viola signal goes to both signals. thanks peter for confusing and teaching us at the same time! lol

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:10 pm

does this mean if you plug two different stereo signals (one in each input) then they will be stacked on top of one another in the L & R channels?

Noctopolis
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Noctopolis » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:03 pm

0netwo0netwo wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:10 pm
does this mean if you plug two different stereo signals (one in each input) then they will be stacked on top of one another in the L & R channels?
For the two stereo inputs on the front - yes, exactly!
Recent album: Perelandra https://noctopolis.bandcamp.com/

0netwo0netwo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by 0netwo0netwo » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:31 pm

crazy its taken me this long to understand this lol
thanks for confirming

architexture
Common Wiggler

Post by architexture » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Yup, all of the jacks are stereo, which is why plugging a mono cable into either side always outputs left. You could always make your own cable where one side is mono, and then the other side is stereo but the Tip of the mono plug is wired to the Ring on the stereo plug.

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”