Plumbutter 2

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

Veeken
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Veeken » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:39 pm

I am new here and stumbled during some reading at the plumbutter 2 ! I am sold ! Must have one ! :hyper:

Only minor problem is that i live in Europe Belgium, there seems not a dealer around in Europe.

Current setup is an Easel, machinedrum and the usual effects.
I did hear some nice stuff across these topics :bananaguitar:

Dirty_Bill
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dirty_Bill » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:18 am

Veeken wrote:I am new here and stumbled during some reading at the plumbutter 2 ! I am sold ! Must have one ! :hyper:

Only minor problem is that i live in Europe Belgium, there seems not a dealer around in Europe.

Current setup is an Easel, machinedrum and the usual effects.
I did hear some nice stuff across these topics :bananaguitar:
Best is to look for one on the secondary market. Peter will send you anything you want but you'll likely pay duties which makes them pricey for you Euros. They come up used pretty regularly.

easyskywalker
Learning to Wiggle

Post by easyskywalker » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 am

I am new here and stumbled during some reading at the plumbutter 2 ! I am sold ! Must have one ! hyper

Hi!

I ordered a Plumbutter 2 not too long ago from Peter, and it didn't take long to ship, just a few days. Shipping itself took 2 weeks to the Netherlands (as it was stuck in Norway for some reason for a week). I thought the taxes + customs were going to be around €400,-, but I had a pleasant surprise when the mailman asked me to pay €130,- for taxes and customs.
I'm in no position to promise you anything, but perhaps any other European Plumbutter owners can confirm this.

mrbloor
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mrbloor » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:09 am

It seems like a raffle regarding import, I have been hit most times however my Sidrax came from Peter with nowt to pay. Whilst this is no guarantee you should definitely cost the tax into your purchase :tu:

Veeken
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Veeken » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:52 pm

I think i am gonna take the plunge. I want one so badly :love:

wavecircle
Big Audio Sodomite

Post by wavecircle » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:00 pm

mrbloor wrote:It seems like a raffle regarding import, I have been hit most times however my Sidrax came from Peter with nowt to pay. Whilst this is no guarantee you should definitely cost the tax into your purchase :tu:
Buy so much, you can justify a flight to the US.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thezyg/ (lots of Serge)

[s]http://bit.ly/2Mekran[/s]

Ciat Lonbarde stuff from many moons ago: http://soundcloud.com/polska-kliknij-muzyka

Veeken
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Veeken » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:22 pm

Received my Plumbutter 2 a week ago. 109euroos taxes and customs :hihi:

ModusOp
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ModusOp » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:29 am

Great tunes all around, friends... here, there, and everywhere! (CL Family Jams page included!) :bananaguitar:

Edit: Question deleted. Problem solved.
Last edited by ModusOp on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ignacio
Common Wiggler

Post by ignacio » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm

People, PB is worth the cost - customs, shipping, whatever. I've never been able to make sounds with my modular like I can with my PB.

andriesvds
Common Wiggler

Post by andriesvds » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:14 am

plumbutter + octatrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12v9q6aGz_g

[video][/video]

andriesvds
Common Wiggler

Post by andriesvds » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:18 pm

plumbutter ambient noise.

http://youtu.be/lgSz3DK0oSI

[video][/video]

eightnine
Learning to Wiggle

Help with Octa +MCV4 into Plumbutter

Post by eightnine » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm

I have been trying to get my octatrack to control my plumb via midi thru the Doepfer MCV4. I have the midi cable going in to the MCV4 and a 1/4" stereo to banana going out the MCV4 gate and into the plumb green inputs on the snare or MAN. But I cant seem to get a trigger signal going. What am I missing? is there a midi setting in the plumb that makes the triggers gontrol the gate output on the Doepfer? or is it something else? Thanks!!!

andriesvds
Common Wiggler

Post by andriesvds » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 pm

octa -> midi out -> mcv4 -> gate -> mwtrs (or other green inputs)
octa -> midi out -> mcv4 -> cv -> f.e. plumi FM (purple)

Doublecoolbossman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Doublecoolbossman » Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 am

Peter's building my PB 2 now.. Can't wait to dive in!

Oldstench
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Oldstench » Thu May 11, 2017 9:20 am

Has anyone DIY-ed a ground jack on their PB2? If so, can you give some advice as in where to wire it?
Humanity has doomed itself.

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimmie » Fri May 12, 2017 1:05 pm

I wish Gongs, AvDogs and ultraSounds had individual volume control. Lower pitched tone is often masked by higher pitched tone...

wednesdayayay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wednesdayayay » Sat May 13, 2017 4:02 pm

[video][/video]

I understand your pain @jimmie this is the closest I've gotten by using a meng qi voltage memory as a voltage offset into the blue verso/inverso's of the volume for each module

although I guess you could take all the individual outs and put them into a mixer...
sh is the sound of data
bobo is the gesture

PB

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimmie » Sun May 14, 2017 4:59 am

Yeah, that's the best effort one can do! goog work :tu: only, those blue inputs are not as simple or too obvious when modulated within PB :zombie: I also wish attenuators or basic LFO so much but I'm trying to take this limitation positively for resulting in creative happy accidents :hihi:

wednesdayayay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wednesdayayay » Sun May 14, 2017 6:16 am

I honestly don't use those blue inputs a whole lot because they are kind of weird when modulated by the PB itself but I think I'll be using them more now that I figured out they are pretty simple to use with the voltage memory

yeah attenuators would be awesome on the pb itself
they are fairly easy to diy though
I've got a couple different boxes that offer some passive solutions for mixing, switching, attenuating etc...

as for LFO I had good luck at one point bread boarding (with little to no idea what I was doing) an enveloper that would take the orange outs from the rollz and give them up and down slopes only using pots capacitors and maybe some resistors

I feel like the gray out on the gong doesn't do much when no pulse delay is added but it doesn't sit at zero maybe that could be used for creative mixing even if the module isn't being pulsed
sh is the sound of data
bobo is the gesture

PB

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimmie » Sun May 14, 2017 7:53 am

wednesdayayay wrote: I feel like the gray out on the gong doesn't do much when no pulse delay is added but it doesn't sit at zero maybe that could be used for creative mixing even if the module isn't being pulsed
I didn't even think of utilizing grey out without plused! have to try that!

audio mixer(4 stereo inputs for CL gears, each stereo width controlable)/vcas/format convertor(mainly for external clock in-out)/some LFOs(like for the blue inputs) combined utility box in the ciat-lonbarde wooden style is what I dream of :mrgreen: Peter may not be interested in such idea tho (because it's not an instrument..) :ripbanana:

wednesdayayay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wednesdayayay » Sun May 14, 2017 10:18 am

that would be a pretty great addition to this setup and if it were a matrix mixer to boot that would be just great
sh is the sound of data
bobo is the gesture

PB

wednesdayayay
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wednesdayayay » Sun May 14, 2017 9:14 pm

ok I was totally wrong about the gray out it doesn't really work
however an unpulsed gongs orange output will fully cut a sound out by putting it into the blue mixer inputs

also you can use the black ground from the plumbutter to do the same thing

something that offers some manual control would be the snare module (maybe even more control with a version 1 plumbutter as the controls are separated) take the gray output into one of the blue mixer inputs then vary the snares decay knob just play with it as it has some interesting things happening from fully cut out sound to mixing to noise

I'll have to keep experimenting to see what other good options are :deadbanana:

I did try something I've never tried before (I posted the resulting videos to the family jams thread) because of you asking about this

a fully resonant gong being puslsed and having its own orange output going into the blue mixer input :love:
sh is the sound of data
bobo is the gesture

PB

andriesvds
Common Wiggler

Post by andriesvds » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 am

plumbutter selfrunner.

[video][/video]

https://youtu.be/odFhJb-H6n8

jimmie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jimmie » Fri May 19, 2017 10:20 pm

wednesdayayay wrote:ok I was totally wrong about the gray out it doesn't really work
however an unpulsed gongs orange output will fully cut a sound out by putting it into the blue mixer inputs

also you can use the black ground from the plumbutter to do the same thing

something that offers some manual control would be the snare module (maybe even more control with a version 1 plumbutter as the controls are separated) take the gray output into one of the blue mixer inputs then vary the snares decay knob just play with it as it has some interesting things happening from fully cut out sound to mixing to noise

I'll have to keep experimenting to see what other good options are :deadbanana:

I did try something I've never tried before (I posted the resulting videos to the family jams thread) because of you asking about this

a fully resonant gong being puslsed and having its own orange output going into the blue mixer input :love:
I'm also playing with snare's grey dust, blue(for decay) and blue(for stereo) inputs and having some interesting results. On my device blue inverso jack for decay doesn't seem effective with any input so I might have to re-solder the jack - eh for the 3rd time doing this :zombie:

'Tone' of the snare can't be altered (wish it had LPF or something for) but feeding Dust to Gong can make 'zappy' snare type sound which I like although I'd lose normal gong which is important..

By the way, "use ultrasound to get stepped tones from deerhorns" (from PB official sites' TIPS N TRICKS), I followed the instruction but it doesn't seem to work on my device. I'm not sure what exactly "stepped tone" here...

I've been fiddling with iPad's iVCS3 app (I think this is one of amazing apps) and thought, hey I'd love to have PB ipad emulation :mrgreen: interesting if it can even emulate.

emssynthilover
Common Wiggler

Post by emssynthilover » Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 pm

Reading through this thread has been great. I want to try one of these some day!!

Though I love the experimental aspect of this instrument, if I DID want to set up simple repeating clicks/thumps/blips, is it easy to create a repeating pattern?

I've been dreaming of an awkward/polyrhythmic metronome of sorts. I guess that sounds a bit odd when I type it out, but typical drum machines just are not what I'm looking for...
el radio radia

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”