Learning to Wiggle

Post by auugustin187 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:28 pm

can the coco in that monome ever frib?
probably

wildfrontiers
Veteran Wiggler

Post by wildfrontiers » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:03 am

Bump.

Inspired by this thread and some of the stuff I've heard from people using the Coco lately, I decided to take a stab at putting together something similar on the Octatrack.

I haven't gotten that lofi-ness yet, but I've got something interesting using pickup machines (both picking up what I'm playing live and what's been picked up), recorder trigs, LFOs and different effects. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all.

I'll record a video sometime this weekend after re-reading everything about pickup machines I can find and getting it to sound musical.

Any tips appreciated!

Putnam87
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Putnam87 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:08 am

wildfrontiers wrote:Bump.

Inspired by this thread and some of the stuff I've heard from people using the Coco lately, I decided to take a stab at putting together something similar on the Octatrack.

I haven't gotten that lofi-ness yet, but I've got something interesting using pickup machines (both picking up what I'm playing live and what's been picked up), recorder trigs, LFOs and different effects. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all.

I'll record a video sometime this weekend after re-reading everything about pickup machines I can find and getting it to sound musical.

Any tips appreciated!
I'd be very much into seeing/hearing how this works.

yghartsyrt
permanent entropy

Post by yghartsyrt » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:53 pm

windspirit wrote:Some examples of the coco PD clone that I made driving a phase vocoder. It gets rid of a lot of the audio rate glitches but it makes some interesting effects possible without changing the pitch. I also have it set up to drive a grainular sampler.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/162339564" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/153685292" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
did you ever release those pd patches? I'm interested. I'm working on a quadntussy cell kind of thing in max based on pugix descriptions. But some input from other patches would be a great plus.

igormpc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by igormpc » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:12 am

i am interested also! :love:

clarte
Common Wiggler

Post by clarte » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 am

did you ever release those pd patches? I'm interested. I'm working on a quadntussy cell kind of thing in max based on pugix descriptions. But some input from other patches would be a great plus.
you should check out Rodrigos work, he made a cocolase emulation a while back and built this max object Karma

yghartsyrt
permanent entropy

Post by yghartsyrt » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:57 pm

clarte wrote:
you should check out Rodrigos work, he made a cocolase emulation a while back and built this max object Karma
Rodrigos Monolase is top notch.

odeland
Learning to Wiggle

Post by odeland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Use the axoloti!
i have created a psedo coco also with the chaos mod thing.

horaflora
Wiggling with Experience

Re: pretending a cocoquantus

Post by horaflora » Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 pm

Looking at this today:
http://makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/ ... ic-machine
thinking I may swap out my coco to try euro, as my primary intent has always been stereo sample/source manipulation... the lo-fi of the coco never really excited me as much as it's ability to self generate awesome patterns and textures via the quantussy, doing a lot of research in a short amount of time to decide this, as I've always largely ignored euro, but this looks intiguing... anyone familiar with coco and make noise care to chime in?

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by electricanada » Tue May 05, 2020 9:27 pm

horaflora wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:33 pm
Looking at this today:
http://makenoisemusic.com/synthesizers/ ... ic-machine
thinking I may swap out my coco to try euro, as my primary intent has always been stereo sample/source manipulation... the lo-fi of the coco never really excited me as much as it's ability to self generate awesome patterns and textures via the quantussy, doing a lot of research in a short amount of time to decide this, as I've always largely ignored euro, but this looks intiguing... anyone familiar with coco and make noise care to chime in?
You can self patch a quantussy in euro. Search for “quantussy cells”. You’ll need multiple S&H units. Mutable Stages gives you six in one module.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

horaflora
Wiggling with Experience

Post by horaflora » Tue May 05, 2020 10:10 pm

electricanada wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 9:27 pm
You can self patch a quantussy in euro. Search for “quantussy cells”. You’ll need multiple S&H units. Mutable Stages gives you six in one module.
Thanks, Electriccanada, from Virginia! :hihi:

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”