nw2s::b - Arduino based algorithmic controller

Discussion, support, and resources for our noise making modules and kits.

Moderators: Kent, scottwilson

scottwilson
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scottwilson » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Well, if you're building the kit, then there are quite a few of the tests that you need to run. I will be finishing the instructions soon. I apologize for not getting the last steps up yet.

You may have done these, but if not, have you done all of the steps in this post?

viewtopic.php?p=1563990#1563990

-s

scottwilson
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scottwilson » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:04 am

@corprod: I've updated the IDE setup documentation with some more recent information that should help you get a little further.

Please let me know if that doesn't do the trick!

http://nw2s.net/ide-setup-and-installation/

-s

sempervirent
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sempervirent » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Got mine a few days ago (after it took a tour of my state due to a USPS malfunction), thanks Scott! What a beast. Those interconnect cables alone are pretty hardcore.

Zackzick
Learning to Wiggle

analog out LEDs

Post by Zackzick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:40 pm

Hi, I am currently going through the testing of my kit. I have a problem with analog out LEDs 9-12 which do not shine. I have disconnected the Adafruit driver board from the panel board and verified that there are no pulses on these four outputs, so it is not a panel board problem. No short circuit over the LEDs.

Did anybody else have this problem? Feels like I might have fried part of the driver board?

Cheers, Zack

scottwilson
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scottwilson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:25 pm

To double check, grounding an LED pin should make the LED shine. Assuming that's the case then the most likely culprit is the driver board (rather than an LED going in backwards). I have had one other person with a similar problem, but it may have been the whole driver if I remember correctly.

Did it ever work at all?

-s

dubstephead
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubstephead » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:39 am

Pretty sure this will be my next. Just seems like something that will never really be outdated :tu:

Riggar
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Riggar » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 am

Hi All,

I've been off the radar with most of my modular kit for the last 18 months or so - but now I'm ready to set up the rest of it. Today is the day to get the nw2s up and running.

First little problem is that I need to upgrade the firmware to 1.1 as I never did it previously still on 0.1 - BUT the firmware for the uploader on the web site seems to be MAC only - what do I need for Win10

I had a look at bossa-x64 1.8 msi version but I'm just getting error messages -'***caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating'

Any advice for me??

Actually - can some one do me a real favour. If you could sort out an micro SD with the latest firmware and send it to me that would fantastic. I can easily reimburse via pay pal for sd and postage and add in a pint for your trouble! PM me - many thanks. That'll get me going

update - have sorted the 1.1 SD firmware via friend with a mac!

Return to “nw2s”