Hardware Synths Suitible for UTune Poly Sysex Tuning

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

chess1
Common Wiggler

Hardware Synths Suitible for UTune Poly Sysex Tuning

Post by chess1 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:03 am

Tubbutec Kindly posted this for us today: https://support.tubbutec.de/kb/faq.php? ... taDG4cpELE

So it seems we are looking for cases of 1 (Synths that allow Scala realtime tuning) or 4. (sythesizers can receive note and pitch bend data on multiple midi channels simultaneously).

Which begs the question, do any of you Wigglers know of synths that "read" real time sysex for pitchbend data on multiple channels OR ?

skkatter
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Hardware Synths Suitible for UTune Poly Sysex Tuning

Post by skkatter » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:25 am

MIDI real time tuning is a general MIDI standard. Scala is just a program somebody wrote to make the creation of alternative scales easier. If your synth supports the MIDI tuning standard you can change its tuning by just sending the right sysex message, nothing to do with Scala.

Some synths I know that support it: Marion MSR-2, Waldorf Microwave, most of the Dave Smith / newer Sequential Circuits synths, Yamaha DX7II and the TX802.

Also I just discovered recently that the Cirklon supports real time tuning changes of its CVIO tuning tables.

chess1
Common Wiggler

Post by chess1 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:01 pm

I would love to see a video of someone demonstrating the Yamaha FM synths playing through Scala .tun files.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:54 am

Would film a video, but we do not have a suitable synth

Return to “Tubbutec”