Occasional glitches in CV output

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

DaveSeidel2
Learning to Wiggle

Occasional glitches in CV output

Post by DaveSeidel2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:32 am

Hi, I am seeing some glitches in the CV output of my uTune. It does not happen all the time, but it does happen many times during any run.

Here is what I mean: I will hear a pitch "yodel" between two adjacent values, and when this happens, I can see it changing rapidly on the status page. For example, one of the channel will rapidly switch back and forth between 5 and 6. I am in free-running mode (CV in only, no gate input).

I am getting the CV input from the CV output of a Make Noise Rene. If I take the CV output from the Rene and bypass the uTune so that I'm using the un-quantized values, I do not observe this glitching, which is why I believe that it is happening in the uTune.

Is this perhaps a calibration issue? What is the procedure to calibrate the uTune with firmware 1.11 and HW 18?

DaveSeidel2
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DaveSeidel2 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Some further evidence. I compared the Rene output CV to the uTune output CV on the corresponding channel by running them both through a scope (O'Toole+). I observed that when the uTune output glitched, the Rene output remained steady.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi, thanks for reporting.
this might be an issue with the beta firmware 1.11
1.12 is out know, maybe yu give it a try (still beta with bugs)
Or of course you go back to a stable version like 1.05

DaveSeidel2
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DaveSeidel2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Thanks, I will try 1.12 tonight and report back. (I was never able to get 1.05 to work properly.)

DaveSeidel2
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DaveSeidel2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Woo-hoo!!! FW 1.12 has solved the MIDI problems I was having -- the module no longer locks up, and I'm finally getting proper MIDI output! Very happy about this, as now I can ditch the Doepfer A-192-2 and free up space for another module.

The glitching also seems to be gone, but I'm not 100% sure yet because it's intermittent. So I will continue to let things run and keep an eye on it.

Thanks very much for the update!

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:14 am

thanks for reporting, if you find bugs in 1.12 please let us know. We are working towards a release version and every report is welcome.

Return to “Tubbutec”