Favorite looper pedals?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Favorite looper pedals?

Post by slumberjack » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:16 pm

waiting for cooper fx 'outward mk2' to arrive. now with midi in. if i come to use as a looper i will report.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:32 am

Just scored an EH 720 to go with the EH 2880 w/ footswitch and Nano 360.
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=227738
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:36 pm

So...

I'm having another quick scan of "weird loopers" to expand up my tabletop pedal-based ambient / noise operations.

It seems like there's a bit of a divide between awe-inspiring creative sound-manglers with awe-inspiring price tags (Blooper, Pigtronix, CT5, Mood, Timefactor, Tensor) and cheapo record-and-play things for practicing your pentatonic blues licks (Ditto, Hotone Wally etc), and stuff that does aim for the middle market does it by adding extra loops or more recording time rather than weird features.

Apart from the Vox that's mentioned upthread, is there anything else with a few of the creative pitching and chopping features in a smallish form-factor at a middling price point? Or should I just accept that I'm blatantly going to spaff the cash on a Blooper when they hit a general release?

Cheers!

gaslampmusehog
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gaslampmusehog » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm

I run 2 electrix repeaters through an audio mixers bus system and then all 8 outs to individual channels of same audio mixer. I’ve used many different looper pedals/racks, and for me, nothing comes close to my current setup.
(Photo from 2008)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rklem
Common Wiggler

Post by rklem » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:55 pm

Any opinions on Keeley ECCOS?

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:56 am

So as I read it, this is basically a nice vintage-sounding delay plus something like a Ditto X2 linked in series in the same box? You can have a delayed sound and capture it in a loop, then adjust the delay and overdub the loop with your new sound as much as you like, but the two parts are otherwise independent?

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:19 am

Also, this isn't really about the Keeley thing, but I get a bit annoyed when pedal companies make a "digital delay and looper" pedal, and say "okay, so in the delay modes, this button controls tap tempo and this button maxes out the delay for infinite repeats. The knobs control feedback, delay time, modulation depth, modulation rate and repeat tone. Depending on which of the seven delay modes you're in, changing the delay time either shifts the pitch or causes glitchy jumps, and in mode 6 the delay buffer is reversed. In looper mode, this button stops and starts recording, this button clears the buffer, and none of the knobs do anything. HAND."

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:27 pm

I caught a demo on youtube - ordered one to try out. I wonder how it compares to the SOS mode on the El Cap.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”