µtune setup – Oscillator with -5V to +5V pitch CV input

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

jollyjack
Learning to Wiggle

µtune setup – Oscillator with -5V to +5V pitch CV input

Post by jollyjack » Mon May 04, 2020 10:46 am

If someone could walk me through this I would be very happy, because I can't seem to figure it out on my own.

So, I have my midi keyboard connected to the midi DIN input on µtune. The µtune outputs pitch CV from 0V to 10V, but my oscillator (Assimil8or with single cycle wave samples) only accepts -5V to +5V. Because of that I only get half the pitch range, which peaks at middle C on my keyboard (when it reaches 5V).
How can I set up the µtune and oscillator to get a full 10 octave range (12 tone equal temperament) on 0V to 5V? So that the lowest note on my keyboard outputs 0V and the highest 5V. The Assimil8or's pitch modulation can be set anywhere between -2.00 octaves per volt to +2.00 octaves per volt, with a precision of two decimals. I've been trying different settings but can't get it right.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Re: µtune setup – Oscillator with -5V to +5V pitch CV input

Post by tubbutec » Tue May 05, 2020 4:58 am

Really the only way is to pitch down your oscillator. If that can not be done internally, You need to subtract 5V from µTune's output. There are modules that can do that directly, or you use an adder and a negative voltage source.

Return to “Tubbutec”