µTune: midi merger for norddrum2 question

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

µTune: midi merger for norddrum2 question

Post by timoka » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 pm

ok so i have a question about the µTune midi merger, maybe i misunderstood something.
i want to play a nord drum 2 polyphonically through a simple midi keyboard and the µTune in between.
the nord drum has 6 voices each can be played via a dedicated midi channel, so therefore i would like to play my midi keyboard polyphonically on midi channel 1 (µTune midi input all on midi channel 1) and have each µTune channel output on a different midi channel. that's all setup correctly. then i link din in to din out in the merger view. but nothing works, only midi channel 1 note messages get out. also the µTune shows me the wrong midi channel, when i set my midi keyboard to output on channel 1 my µTune says channel 0, channel 2 on midi keyboard is channel 1 on µTune...

can someone please help me with this? or clarify, maybe µTune isn't able to do what i want?
thanks

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Re: µTune: midi merger for norddrum2 question

Post by tubbutec » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:08 am

you can set up µTune to output CV/Gate when receiving on different midi channels. In the merger however you connect the midi input to the midi output and pass the midi stream directly.
So if your midi keyboard is sending on channel 1, this is what your nord drum will receive.
also the µTune shows me the wrong midi channel, when i set my midi keyboard to output on channel 1 my µTune says channel 0, channel 2 on midi keyboard is channel 1 on µTune...
I am assuming this is in the midi monitor. Here the channels are counted from 0..15, not 1...16

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: µTune: midi merger for norddrum2 question

Post by timoka » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:51 am

thanks for the reply, i think i understand now, passing midi in to midi out doesn't go through the same merger prcess than with cv/gate, it just passes midi through... but would it be possible to add that possibility? not just cv/gate to different midi channels but also midi to midi in varied ways, single channel to multi channel etc?
and yes, i meant the midi monitor...is that something to be changed in future? display the correct midi channel is kinda important i think :)
thanks

Return to “Tubbutec”