Even though we are going to improve µTune and add new features, we consider development to be finished.
Apart from bugfixes, no features are guaranteed to be implemented. We implement new features we consider useful and whenever we find the time. Please understand that we are constantly busy with other projects as well. I am writing this because some people seem to have the impression, that updates are guaranteed and somehow promised - which they are not. If you buy µTune you will get the advertised features - and maybe some more.
If you take a look at past firmware updates, you can see that we did in fact update µTune quite a lot since the initial release - and we plan to do so in the future.
There is not much space left in the CPU for new features. At some point it won't be possible to put more features in.
There is a known bug with scale masks: If you have 2 or more expanders installed and deactivate notes using scale masks, the module slows down significantly up to the point of crashing. This might also happen just after startup (when the recently used scale is loaded from the sd card) and result in a black screen. If you encounter this, please booth without sd card to reset the scale. We are of course working on a fix, apologies for the inconvenience.
These features are now implemented: (current version 2.06)
- Scale masks can be toggled via midi
- More monophonic modes: legato, retrigger, auto-gllide
- MPE -quick setup menu option
- Smoothing for CC and aftertouch
- Bargraph display for Velocity, Aftertouch, CC and Channel Pressure
That being said, here is a list of features we intend to integrate, many requested by users:
- Auto-Portamento for poly modes
- Voice assigning for midi retuning (one midi channel to MPE)
- CV-in to velocity for midi out
- Auto-Gate can trigger midi out
- Transpose scale masks
- Variable CC mapping
- Automatic VCO calibration (almost working)
- multiple scale masks / scale masks per channel