Juno 66 MIDI note problem

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

jrm1
Learning to Wiggle

Juno 66 MIDI note problem

Post by jrm1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:26 am

I have a Juno 60 fitted with the Tubbutec Juno 66 and have a problem I'd love some help with.

Each time I hit a note on the Juno 60 it sends 2 instances of note info into my Logic DAW.

Each instance is happening at slightly different moments, but musically the same ( in the final /240 column).
Only one of each instance triggers Juno 60 to play back. The other instance does nothing. There is no overlapping weird audio or phasing.

It would be OK except for the fact editing the MIDI file is such a pain, as you don't know which of the 2 notes are 'real' and which is like a ghost (no audio).

Can anyone please help?
Thanks.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Juno 66 MIDI note problem

Post by tubbutec » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:16 am

These are "as sounds" and "as-played" midi outputs. You can deactivate each of them. See user manual for more details.

jrm1
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jrm1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:02 am

I pressed Key Transpose until it flashed, then one of the C sharps for MIDI as played and it seems to have worked. Thanks.

jrm1
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jrm1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:12 am

For some reason the Juno is outputting 2, sometimes 3 instances of MIDI note at one time again. Can someone spell it out to me how to get the Juno to send just notes once.
I understand that to be 'as played', so I press the Key Transpose button until it flashes and then the 4th C sharp note. Once or twice - does that matter? And then I press Key Transpose to stop the flashing.
Is that correct - am I doing something wrong? Do I have the wrong C sharp?

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:37 am

No, you press the as-played or the as-sounds key and THEN you press one of the lowest 17 keys to select the midi channel. The lowest key (C0) turns the channel off.

Return to “Tubbutec”