Momentary Scale Mask or All Notes On/Off

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

antonriehl
Common Wiggler

Momentary Scale Mask or All Notes On/Off

Post by antonriehl » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Hey, I'm loving the new scale mask control over MIDI! I wonder if I'm missing something about how they are working, or if there is a way to change their behavior. Right now if I toggle a pitch in a scale mask, there is no quick/easy way to know which notes are enabled/disabled (scrolling through the menu works, but in complex tunings can become tricky). It could be useful if there was a momentary option (meaning, just while I'm holding certain notes), or if there was a quick way to enable/disable all the notes (like maybe with cc64 or something like that). Just thinking it would be useful to play chords as masks, and clear all previous notes as I go.

tubbutec
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Momentary Scale Mask or All Notes On/Off

Post by tubbutec » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:31 am

Thanks for the suggestion.Will put a "momentary" option on the todo list.
*Sarcastic mode on*
Looking forward to the support questions about broken uTunes, no notes etc because people activate that feature by accident.

antonriehl
Common Wiggler

Re: Momentary Scale Mask or All Notes On/Off

Post by antonriehl » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:49 pm

Hehe, yeah, I completely understand what you mean... people will definitely break it somehow. That's why I wondered if using a controller to reset the mask would be useful (like cc64, since people are used to holding the sustain pedal down for things as it is).

Anyway, I really appreciate your willingness to listen to new ideas! Really enjoy having your modules in my system!

Return to “Tubbutec”