Bad experience with Magpie

A Portland based collective focused on creating high quality artistic & functional panels for modular synths.

Moderators: Kent, infradead, phidelity

St0rMl0rD
Common Wiggler

Bad experience with Magpie

Post by St0rMl0rD » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:32 am

I would like to publicize my bad experience with Magpie Modular. I have ordered a Murdered Out black panel for Clouds with patterns. After waiting for a month, the package didn't arrive, but they were kind enough to send me another one. That one arrived, only to find I have gotten a plain black plate, when I actually ordered the murdered out version. I paid 40$ (shipping to Germany) and had to wait for over a month, only to receive a wrong panel. Now, they're not replying to my emails anymore.

St0rMl0rD
Common Wiggler

Post by St0rMl0rD » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 pm

They came through, all is well now. Thanks to Magpie!

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:08 pm

so it's a good experience now?

:razz:

emmettthenry
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emmettthenry » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:14 am

Sounds like they're good peeps and fixed they're mistakes. I've had all positive experiences with them so far. I love their designs.

solipsvs
Common Wiggler

Post by solipsvs » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:38 pm

magpie :pokeout:

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:13 am

maybe update the title of the post?

I just ordered a black maths panel :party:

Alphaman
Common Wiggler

Post by Alphaman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:35 pm

i had bad and good experience with Magpie at the same time. i ordered a panel end of october that did not arrived to this day. i've no doubt that this wasn't Magpie Modulars's fault but the fault of the Customs at Frankfurt Airport in Germany. they are very slow often when it comes to checking mail from abroad. i told this story Chad of Magpie Modular and he insured that the Address was correct and that the Panel arrived in germany. i can confirm that too, according to the USPS shipment tracking. after a little whining and ranting about this unspeakable Customs, i thanked him and accepted the loss. a few hours later i got an email message, that i received money. it was magpie that refunded me the money. i think it's a good way to thank Magpie Modular this way, over Muff Wiggler. so thanks Chad for the rufund ;)

@St0rMl0rD do not buy anything from abroad over the christmas time. you'll wait for months untill this fvcked up german Customs processes your package. in most cases it is their fault and sometimes the fault of the german Post/DHL.
Last edited by Alphaman on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:56 pm

German Customs is soooooo typically German. It takes forever and the check every little thing.

Alphaman
Common Wiggler

Post by Alphaman » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:35 pm

Kent wrote:German Customs is soooooo typically German. It takes forever and the check every little thing.
the government only wants to make some extra money, because of the customs fees, which you have to pay of course. i remember, a few years ago, when i purchased a Yamaha CBX-K1XG, which is a small rompler synth/midi-usb keyboard from the mid 90's from guy from Japan on ebay. the keyboard cost me about 150 Euros. after it arrived (at least it arrived back then), i had to pick it up at the Customs branch office in my City. i had to pay 20 bucks extra, for a vintage keyboard that is long discontinued. damn Vultures^^

Return to “Magpie Modular ”