Rings panel - manufacturing issues?

A Portland based collective focused on creating high quality artistic & functional panels for modular synths.

Moderators: Kent, phidelity

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Rings panel - manufacturing issues?

Post by mrhooks » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:19 pm

I recently purchased a sandblasted white Rings panel from SynthCube. Unfortunately I didn't notice until after installing it, but the panel has a few small issues. First, everything is slightly tilted when compared to the edges of the panel. Next, the sandblasting is uneven across the panel - it's fainter around the last 1-2 cm of the right side. Lastly, the sandblasting overall is slightly fainter compared to what's on my sandblasted white µBursts panel.

Were these issues common with the sandblasted white Rings panels? My µBursts panel is perfect, so it's a little disappointing.

NeolithicElectrophones
Common Wiggler

Post by NeolithicElectrophones » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Ive built a lot of modules that used magpie panels and there are definitely things like minor scuffs, uneven sandblasting (all part of the magic of non-robotic construction), but I've never has any where the text was off center. Sandblasting is really tough to get consistent on these materials in large batches or small so i wouldn't fault them on that.

Iirc magpie has stopped producing sandblasted panels and switched to texture printing which in my opinion looks much cleaner.

I would contact synthcube and see if they'll refund it. Then my advice would be to buy from magpie directly because the new white rings texture print looks amazing!

Return to “Magpie Modular ”