BANK

Support and discussion for Antumbra modules and DIY builds

Moderators: Kent, antumbra

User avatar
nullpunkt
Common Wiggler
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 am
Location: Bonn, Germany

BANK

Post by nullpunkt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Just saw that Antumbra has announced BANK, a fixed filter bank... any news on that? Price? Availability?

Image
Visit DEFAULT MODE NETWORK on | Facebook | Soundcloud | Instagram | Vimeo | Youtube

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Post by antumbra » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:57 am

I'm currently waiting for the second round of prototype PCB-s, as in the first one was a design error. In the meantime the manual and assembly guide is almost finished, so it should be available in about a month.
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

User avatar
witchbutter
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:20 am
Location: PDX
Contact:

Post by witchbutter » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Very exciting to see this in such a small footprint. Is there no CV control or can you assign a cv input?

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Post by antumbra » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:12 pm

witchbutter wrote:Very exciting to see this in such a small footprint. Is there no CV control or can you assign a cv input?
There is no CV control, that would require a whole lot bigger module.
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

User avatar
mqmq
Common Wiggler
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:29 am
Location: FR

Post by mqmq » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Where can one get this ? :eek:

User avatar
witchbutter
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:20 am
Location: PDX
Contact:

Post by witchbutter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:09 pm

I see you posted a parts list and a build guide. Will there be kits? Panels and PCBs?

Abomb1st
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:26 am
Location: Uk

Post by Abomb1st » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:29 am

Going to attempt this build,

Managed to get replacement parts for missing mouser apart from:

GRM155R71E104KE14J

All i can find is one with a 6vdc voltage rating. Is there a different value this could be swapped for these 8 components?

They are for C1 C3 C5 C7 C9 C11 C13 C15

Thanks!

merlin
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am
Location: Towcester, England

Post by merlin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:44 am

antumbra,

Is there a circuit diagram available or do you use the one located here.

I ordered the pcb's/front panel yesterday so am getting my head around the BOM ect at the moment!

Many thanks,

Karl

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Post by antumbra » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:10 pm

The one you mention is a box capacitor and it's currently available from mouser (https://hu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/KEM ... %2fQ%3d%3d)

If you mean the 0.1uF SMD capacitor, you can use a different tolerance (like 10%)
Abomb1st wrote:Going to attempt this build,

Managed to get replacement parts for missing mouser apart from:

GRM155R71E104KE14J

All i can find is one with a 6vdc voltage rating. Is there a different value this could be swapped for these 8 components?

They are for C1 C3 C5 C7 C9 C11 C13 C15

Thanks!
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Post by antumbra » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 pm

It's based on that, but the part numbers are different (the circuit is the same). A schematic will come from me in the near future.
merlin wrote:antumbra,

Is there a circuit diagram available or do you use the one located here.

I ordered the pcb's/front panel yesterday so am getting my head around the BOM ect at the moment!

Many thanks,

Karl
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

merlin
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am
Location: Towcester, England

Post by merlin » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:55 am

antumbra wrote:It's based on that, but the part numbers are different (the circuit is the same). A schematic will come from me in the near future.
merlin wrote:antumbra,

Is there a circuit diagram available or do you use the one located here.

I ordered the pcb's/front panel yesterday so am getting my head around the BOM ect at the moment!

Many thanks,

Karl
:tu:

Thanks, I can work with that circuit diagram.

Karl

antomolina
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:25 am

Post by antomolina » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 am

Hi. Is there anywhere any sound demo? I was thinking of get a Serge Resonant EQ but this module seems fantastic too.

User avatar
gwpt
Common Wiggler
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by gwpt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:29 am

Hi,

BOM says 100R for R38
build guides says 200R for R38

which one should I user?
Thanks

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Post by antumbra » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:59 am

That is for the jack LEDs, you are better off with the 100R but it can depend on the LEDs you use. (use a resistor to taste, it'll only adjust the LED brightness)
gwpt wrote:Hi,

BOM says 100R for R38
build guides says 200R for R38

which one should I user?
Thanks
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

RaB
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:30 pm
Location: Germany

Bank Ouput Levels Low

Post by RaB » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Antumbra. Just got a Bank (DIY'd by somebody else) and the output levels seem very low. With white noise into the hi gain in and all bands at 12:00 I get a usable output level from the mix out only at full gain while the low gain input is not really usable. Is this expected (unity gain with all bands fully turned up?) or is there something wrong with the module? Thanks a lot.

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Bank Ouput Levels Low

Post by antumbra » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:55 am

RaB wrote:Hi Antumbra. Just got a Bank (DIY'd by somebody else) and the output levels seem very low. With white noise into the hi gain in and all bands at 12:00 I get a usable output level from the mix out only at full gain while the low gain input is not really usable. Is this expected (unity gain with all bands fully turned up?) or is there something wrong with the module? Thanks a lot.
You have to turn all pots fully up to get max level, if thats still pretty low, there might be a problem. The circuit was copied 1/1 so it functions as the original yusynth design.
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

RaB
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:30 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Bank Ouput Levels Low

Post by RaB » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:19 pm

antumbra wrote:
RaB wrote:... (unity gain with all bands fully turned up?) ...
...You have to turn all pots fully up to get max level, ...
Thank you. I still wonder if unity gain is achieved with all pots at max or is the curcuit amplifying, e.g., is it amplifying with pots at max? From what I gleened from Yusynth docs it uses op amps, so i could have gain >1.

User avatar
antumbra
Common Wiggler
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Bank Ouput Levels Low

Post by antumbra » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:10 pm

RaB wrote:
antumbra wrote:
RaB wrote:... (unity gain with all bands fully turned up?) ...
...You have to turn all pots fully up to get max level, ...
Thank you. I still wonder if unity gain is achieved with all pots at max or is the curcuit amplifying, e.g., is it amplifying with pots at max? From what I gleened from Yusynth docs it uses op amps, so i could have gain >1.
It's not amplifying, though you could easily do it by changing some resistor values, in the spirit of DIY :razz:
www.antumbra.eu
soundcloud.com/monolitmusic

RaB
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:30 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Bank Ouput Levels Low

Post by RaB » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:26 am

antumbra wrote:
RaB wrote:
antumbra wrote:
RaB wrote:... (unity gain with all bands fully turned up?) ...
...You have to turn all pots fully up to get max level, ...
Thank you. I still wonder if unity gain is achieved with all pots at max or is the curcuit amplifying, e.g., is it amplifying with pots at max? From what I gleened from Yusynth docs it uses op amps, so i could have gain >1.
It's not amplifying, though you could easily do it by changing some resistor values, in the spirit of DIY :razz:
Thx!

User avatar
sines
A Certain Wiggler
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: NYC

Post by sines » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:07 am

Sent you this via email; haven’t heard back yet :/

Hi there,

Finally got a hold of some of your modules.. started with Bank and was super excited, but... I’m getting no audio.

I bought the TL074 ICS from Tayda electronics, and wrongly installed them because I couldn’t find the orientation dot, so I assumed they would be installed “reading left to right”. I applied power, got no smoke or weird smells, but also no signal, in any i/o configuration, so I went back to inspect.

After installation I finally zoomed alllll the way into your PDF guide and saw that they were inverted. So I carefully removed all of the incorrectly placed TL074s with solder braid and reinstalled all of the iCs on board 2. I reassembled and fired it back up, and still, no audio. At all.

Maybe you can decipher through these photos to see if there’s something obvious. I’ve built plenty of stuff, mostly successful, but this has me stumped.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... ti6urLO06V

Let me know what you think. Want to make sure I get this right before I take on something like Atom, Smog and the like.

Thanks,


Todd

merlin
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am
Location: Towcester, England

Post by merlin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Have you replaced the incorrectly placed IC's? Good chance they were damaged when you first powered up

Karl

merlin
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am
Location: Towcester, England

Post by merlin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 am

Just built Bank and tested it, works fine. The provided manual is useful and the build instructions are first class. If you can cope with 0603 size SMT I can recommend the DIY route for this module.

Karl

User avatar
Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 11107
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: the Terminal beach

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 am

Wish I could buy a ready-made one to be honest. This looks amazing.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

gb2
Common Wiggler
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:51 am

Post by gb2 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:37 am

is this going to be available in the EU again soon?

User avatar
gwpt
Common Wiggler
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:51 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: BANK

Post by gwpt » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi, I read that someone did a mode to increase the gain on the low-gain input by changing a resistor.
Any one know which resistor and what would be a suitable value?

This was the quote I read:
" changed a resistor value to add some gain to the low gain input. By default it was to low to my taste and not very useful in my system. Increasing a bit the gain on this input make the module more usable for feedback patching without the use of a mixer module."

Post Reply

Return to “Antumbra”