switching voices per step? logic?

Post your patches here! Put the format(s) in the subject.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

chem101
Learning to Wiggle

switching voices per step? logic?

Post by chem101 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:11 pm

In simple terms, what I would like to do is use one sequencer (let's say it's a Dark Time for now) to trigger one of my four modular "voices" per step, one at a time. Basically each voice is an osc/filter/env combo. I can see this happening a few different ways. (Think quarter notes, each note is one of the four voices) I can imagine running a one sequence on the Dark Time, taking the gate/cv switching between each one based on some other input (another sequence, lfo, joystick, etc). Another way would be simply for each new step to trigger the "next" voice and cycle through them, or select one randomly.

The next level up would be using multiple sequencers, controlled by a master sequencer or user input.

I'm fairly n00bv/clueless when it comes to logic modules, but I am guessing this is how it would be done. I don't own any logic modules (yet), except Maths if you can count that, so I'm doubting it can be done with my current setup.

Any suggestions on how to set this up and required modules?

orangehexagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: switching voices per step? logic?

Post by orangehexagon » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:16 pm

A sequential switch would work perfectly in this type of patch.

http://www.doepfer.de/a151.htm

Patch the pitch CV into the O/I towards the top and then output the following four I/O jacks to the CV into each of your four voices.

The clock or step trigger/gate would go into the top input labeled trig in.

I actually own this module and don't use it often because I've gotten away from using eurorack lately, so if you're interested I could potentially sell it to you if you are interested.

calvinsomething
Wiggling with Experience

Post by calvinsomething » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:21 pm

You're talking about note hocketing. The Intellijel Shifty can do this.

chem101
Learning to Wiggle

Post by chem101 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:25 pm

Oh, wow.
calvinsomething wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:21 pm
You're talking about note hocketing. The Intellijel Shifty can do this.
Of course there is an actual term for this. :doh: And of course Intellijel would make a module that does exactly that (I own more Intellijel modules than any other brand, not sure how I was sleeping on this one) Guess I know what I'm ordering next. Thanks calvin!

The sequential switch sounds super useful, too, orange. I'll DM you about purchasing.

Return to “Synthesis Techniques”