MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Samplers that accept analog triggers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Samplers that accept analog triggers
lionelfischer
Looking for insight on which samplers can be (at least) triggered with an analog signal.
tIB
S900 with expansion and machinedrum uw can.

EDIT: the md on two inputs, which also ties up the sample ins. A trigger to midi will get your there too though with anything midi related- AKai me35t.
relggiwffum
Yamaha TX16W
jonah
more delays than proper samplers:

boss dsd2 or 3
quadraverb plus
Cymatics
Akai s700 does, only 1 input though.
Michael O.
As mentioned, the akai s900 with expansion board is pretty boss, with eight trigger ins that can even allow it to act as a trigger ->midi converter for whatever other gear.

There are also modular options, things along the lines of the Doepfer A-112 and the Modcan cv recorder. I think Fairlights may have trigger ins as well, hah.
aethersprite
jonah wrote:
boss dsd2 or 3

Occasionally use with my Serge, mad fun!

There's the Boss RSD-10 also.
jonah
aethersprite wrote:
jonah wrote:
boss dsd2 or 3

Oh that reminds me, I recently saw a video with a rather mental setup:
ringstone
jonah wrote:
aethersprite wrote:
jonah wrote:
boss dsd2 or 3

Oh that reminds me, I recently saw a video with a rather mental setup:

Doin' it old school!!!

The Boss DE-200 is another Roland contender, this was used extensively by Chris Carter (modified with pitch CV in) and Severed Heads before dedicated samplers became affordable.

Cheers
Blair
pulse_divider
Dynacord ADD two
Also ADD one with optional sampling board
GrantB
IIRC K2000S/RS

Forat F16
noobyscooby
Little deformer with analog expansion.
lionelfischer
noobyscooby wrote:
Little deformer with analog expansion.

whoa
stk
Also, any cheap trigger > MIDI converter (such as the ones used for electronic drums) will work with any sampler (or software) to do the job.
noobyscooby
A great box to keep an eye out for is a Pearl SC40. MIDI In/Out/Thru. Trigger to MIDI and vice versa. Plus an awesome analog/digital hybrid synth.

A pain to set up the MIDI but once you do you're golden. Next to the MKS-70 it's also the heaviest 2U rack I've ever lifted. SC20 has the same MIDI and trigger functions but only has two voice poly vs. four voice poly for the SC40.

I don't have my deformer yet but am really looking forward to it. Going to see how much I can get away with just using MIDI but if I really like it I am going to spring for the analog breakout box.
twospartans
there's also the addac101, with the 111 coming soon. exp module that works with either is in the works as well!
drooling over the potential of a 101+exp combo!
This is fun!
speak_onion
Any of the later EMU line with the analog expansion and the later OS.
bronko
Akai mpc1000 via footswitch in.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1