MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The age of handmade synths is no more?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author The age of handmade synths is no more?
dan_p
The age of handmade synths is coming to an end (or something like that), is written on Peter B's blog. It was mentioned before on a blog post about PraxisCat's awesome custom instrument. But then I thought it may just mean the end of doing one off custom builds. Now it seems to have appeared again. Is it possible that Peter B will stop making the CL instruments, or does it mean they are to be built in a different manner, more automated, or DIY only perhaps?
It would be sad if the PB, CQ and forthcoming (maybe not anymore?) AT were to be no more.
Pascal
hope this is not the case, my guess is that Ciat has started to raise in and things might be in the future build in a different manner that would enable current demand.
dan_p
^ Yeah, I hope thats what is meant, obviously its nice to have a hand built by the man himself device but I would rather there be more CL in the world.
zilaihong
I guess he just mean that he won't do more custom hand built works.

I can do hand built CL works to customized requests. As long as peter provides pcb for it.
And I have designed pcbs for "paper circuits" dddm2/grassi/namasitar/apcs. razz
bartlebooth
zilaihong wrote:

yeah that's what he means..he's taking a break from doing the custom builds. the regular ciat instruments will still be available.
dan_p
Ahh super cool, so Akihabra Tetrax is still on the cards then.

thumbs up
PraxisCat
He does have a machine to automate some of his wood work. It makes sense for him to use it more.
I imagine he is going to be crazy busy with the tetrax and shnth which are upcoming, the ladder which may attract a great deal of attention outside his normal loyalists.
I didn't think he would even build me the dousk. I am glad he did, its awesome. But I also understand why he is not going to do custom builds for the forseeable future. It did take him two months to build the dousk.
glitchpop
He has a CnC machine now so I interpreted it to mean that the instruments will now be mostly produced using it. CAD + CnC = not handmade.
pugix
zilaihong wrote:

I can do hand built CL works to customized requests. As long as peter provides pcb for it.
And I have designed pcbs for "paper circuits" dddm2/grassi/namasitar/apcs. razz

I hope that's what Peter meant. Sidrazzi, Cocoquantus and Plumbutter still need manual assembly (and tuning by capacitor selection).

OT: Do you sell your PCBs for the paper circuits? Or do you only make them available in the full instrument cases you sell?
zilaihong
pugix wrote:

OT: Do you sell your PCBs for the paper circuits? Or do you only make them available in the full instrument cases you sell?

I sell all my CL pcbs for 20$ each.
Shipping 15$ for 0.5kg via registered air mail. 30$ for fedex.

a gift to Peter B. the awesome designer behind ciat-lonbarde by Meng Qi, on Flickr

Here I show you
DDDM2 (big square green one, gold plated in this batch, very good)
Grassi (blue, with 2 smiley face - place for onboard speaker)
Namasitar (can be made into an self-contained press barre stylophone + ring modulator, or use this pcb to mod your instrument)

I also have APCS pcb which I don't have any in stock now because I plan to do a little redesign of it. Also I'll need to do more Grassi.

And now the new roolz+ultrasound pcb will be born soon!

Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1