MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32, 33, 34  Next [all]
Author Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es
Entrainer
exper wrote:
@entrainer, is it that you think the low end on the DPO folder is not strong enough?

Well, I might be putting my foot in my mouth because I have no access
or scope, just online examples to compare and my memories of them...
but to my ears it sounds like the bass stays cleaner/thicker without
distorting while the upper harmonics/mid range is enhanced on both
the 259 and FG.

exper wrote:

Actually the uFold is my favorite wavefolder but that's another story.

Funny you should mention that because my 3rd option is ROII/ROII
and uFold II. There is a 34HP hole ready to be filled and I'm looking
to buy in the next couple of weeks. I can go DPO/Moddemix(SP?),
ROII/ROII/uFold II, or EFG.

Each have their strong points, which I see as:
MN: more mod-buss options and Lin/Exp FM without a jumper, vactrols
Tri-Core.
FG: does it all in 30, leaving room for a mixer or STG .Com plus I'm
liking the sound... S/H and Ring Mod... 10 turn knobs.
ROx2, uFold: Perfect Sines, unaffected modulation wave when X-Mod
Phase for Linear FM type timbres. Could be nice for duo-phonic or
Toppobrillo Scanner/Intellijel Planar. Can be routed differently with
uFold before FM.

Negatives, again, my ears
MN: sounds harsher and crazier, harder to tame
FG: the f'in jumper is a WTF? no vactrols.
ROx2, uFold: Needs VCAs or Vactorals for X-Mod, Ring-Mod so 42hp total.
More patching = more open ended, but more setup time too.
amnesia
exper wrote:
@entrainer, is it that you think the low end on the DPO folder is not strong enough? The folders are definitely a little different but from what I hear. Prefer the angle and waveshaping of the DPO. Actually the uFold is my favorite wavefolder but that's another story.

@amnesia, its nice to hear from someone who has both units. So desires layout/panel confusion, would you say one is better than the other or just different?

If you could, I'd love to hear an a/b comparison with both units tuned the same and with same CV inputs. Only real way to compare them.

Having come from the 259e and 261e I find the DPO a tad confusing the Furthrrr layout is more 259 which I instantly understand.
I can get more of a fine range on the constant turn pots of the Furthrrr, like the VCS3 / Synthi vco pots. That is what I was trying to say.

Both are great and are similar and different enough to get both. the Make Noise is harsher when needed. I may sell both if / when I get a 259 though.
Entrainer
Monobass wrote:

You must be a barrel of laughs on vacation

That's all you got dude? Insults? Really?
I got over that in grade school. Take care good sir and thanks for
the internet laughs. No vacation even necessary.

Seriously brother, that vacation sounds like a good idea for you.
I think you are a bit wound up and need some off time. This is a
synthesizer forum, not the UFC. Synthesizers are fun, fighting, not so much.
Unless that's your thing, then have fun, I guess. If it need be at my expense,
don't worry, it's on the house. I got ego to spare.
exper
@entrainer.

ROII? What is that?

Have you considered Dixie/Rubicon/uFold? They are a devastating combo. I get some really amazingly strange tones out of it. Tuning is super precise.

As for DPO, tonight I'll try to make some bass-y DPO tones through the folder. See if you like them at all.

@amnesia, thanks for the insight. I'm guessing the buchla background means a lot here. I don't find the DPO confusions but then again I've never been fortunate enought to lay my hands on a Buchla system.

Those are all fair points but I'm just not liking the air of 'this peice of near unobtainium is better than...' that others have said about this without any real way for people to test and compare. Differences are there for sure. The DPO can definitely go insane with chaos and noise, and to be fair that's what most videos are like. But it can also be very stable and subtle. Using the soft sync and careful tuning, the DPO is a very beautiful sounding oscillator.
Entrainer
exper wrote:
@entrainer.

ROII? What is that?

No, haven't tried Dixie/Rubicon/uFold II. Tempting, but ergonomically,
it looks the most TIGHT. I've listened though and the reversing sync
+ double saws sound gorgeous.
exper
Duh. I should have known that. Still not used to the richter name yet.

Honestly the newer intellijel modules have much better ergonomics. It was wise for them the spread out a bit. I like the rubicon layout and its great to have the built in VCA for index depth. The sync sound great and the extra waveforms really add to what you can get out of it. I traded my cyclebox for the Dixie/rubicon and I have zero regret. Those and the DPO are quite a mad pair of FM/complex tone generators.
Monobass
Entrainer wrote:
Monobass wrote:

You must be a barrel of laughs on vacation

That's all you got dude? Insults? Really?
I got over that in grade school.

It's a shame they didn't teach you concision.
Entrainer
Monobass wrote:

It's a shame they didn't teach you concision.

Knockout. K-O!!
You win man. What, I don't know.

But for the sake of everyone, can we get away from the
Monobass ego train and back to synthesizers now please?
Monobass
Looking forward to your next feverish essay.
Entrainer
Monobass wrote:
Looking forward to your next feverish essay.

I love you. Hug
suntory20
wow! looks great!!
Kent
Jesus H. Christ in a Chicken Basket. Knock it off, fellas. Or beat up on me in private if your egos are bruised. You're both sullying this thread.

In order to stop the random speculation, I'll state that I know what the hold-up is and it isn't related to components or the product in any way. I spent some quality time with the principal actors involved in the FG and we kicked around some ideas that would help in getting the FG, and the entire Endorphin.es line, to market as soon as possible. They've come up with a couple of good options that they are currently exploring.
davidh
do you know if we will see it at the musik messe ?
darylc
arthurpainter wrote:
I've checked out the demo model of this at CONTROL in Brooklyn, and will certainly be purchasing one when and if it ever hits these shores!

A
http://thissecondsleep.blogspot.com

COOL, forgot CONTROL had one for demo, im in NY in May and will probably end up spending a day in there trying out as much stuff as possible, and blowing a whole load of cash in the process.
w00t

Kent wrote:
Jesus H. Christ in a Chicken Basket. Knock it off, fellas. Or beat up on me in private if your egos are bruised. You're both sullying this thread.

In order to stop the random speculation, I'll state that I know what the hold-up is and it isn't related to components or the product in any way. I spent some quality time with the principal actors involved in the FG and we kicked around some ideas that would help in getting the FG, and the entire Endorphin.es line, to market as soon as possible. They've come up with a couple of good options that they are currently exploring.

Good to hear, hope all gets sorted soon enough, its been a long road!
LowOver
still hot on this ..... hope this will come this year...rock on Rockin' Banana!
Klirrfaktor
playing with a prototype of Furthrrrr.

No CV-input or modulation:

wink
l e b e r
Kent wrote:

Ouch... That sounds like it's someway off from being available to the masses. I better stop paying attention to the lucky few with prototype modules!
monstrinho
l e b e r wrote:
Kent wrote:

Ouch... That sounds like it's someway off from being available to the masses. I better stop paying attention to the lucky few with prototype modules!

Yeah... I know what I _think_ that sounds like, but I've already speculated enough in this particular thread. I agree though, it really does give the impression that things may be quite a bit farther off than everybody had hoped. Frustrating, but I'd rather see a company do something right from the start and not encounter problems later on.
monstrinho
Klirrfaktor wrote:
playing with a prototype of Furthrrrr.

No CV-input or modulation:

wink

Sorry, but at this point, watching these videos is like being waterboarded. I need to stop following this thread...
Kent
Don't jump to any conclusions when no information, either way, has been given.
jnlkrt
Kent wrote:

to be fair, the communication policy and all the teasing has been encouraging rumors and speculation from the beginning on. starting a marketing campaign before setting up your business properly does have it's disadvantages. at this stage, more transparency would probably support good customer relations and sales in the future. just my two cent, i wish them all the best for their projects.
Entrainer
Kent wrote:

People need to take the information available and make decisions. Don't let
your shilling for this company affect your emotions because this is common
sense.

It'd be better for them to come clean and/or announce a new release date.
I couldn't wait with no end in sight, so I went with a DPO. The lack of
Vactrols and no set release date pushed me over the edge.

DPO is easier to tame than I thought, just turn down or center all the
Attenuators. Really unique dual oscillator, very pleased.
Endorphin.es
Good news everyone, finally it's official!

The first batch of Furthrrrrs in on the way to the EU distributors. We are available at Schneiders Laden in Berlin and Hieber-Lindberg in Munich for the moment.
The list of retailers and their websites will be updated regularly.

From now on, we constantly produce new batches.
We are gaining pace in manufacturing – however we still need some time until we reach our full production volumes.

Another good news is, we will attend at the upcoming Frankfurt MusikMesse'13 at Alex4 booth (hall 5.1 C54) where our new module "Terminal operated by Endorphin.es" will be announced.

Check out for updates on our website: http://endorphin.es
We will keep you updated in that topic as well.

All the best.

The Endorphin.es crew
screaming goo yo
DonKartofflo
Endorphin.es wrote:
Good news everyone, finally it's official!

The first batch of Furthrrrrs in on the way to the EU distributors. We are available at Schneiders Laden in Berlin and Hieber-Lindberg in Munich for the moment.
The list of retailers and their websites will be updated regularly.

From now on, we constantly produce new batches.
We are gaining pace in manufacturing – however we still need some time until we reach our full production volumes.

Another good news is, we will attend at the upcoming Frankfurt MusikMesse'13 at Alex4 booth (hall 5.1 C54) where our new module "Terminal operated by Endorphin.es" will be announced.

Check out for updates on our website: http://endorphin.es
We will keep you updated in that topic as well.

All the best.

The Endorphin.es crew
screaming goo yo

SlayerBadger! damn happy for you guys!
brickman
Great bloody news thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32, 33, 34  Next [all]
Page 22 of 34