LZX Bitvision

Discussion of modular and standalone video generating/processing techniques and associated hardware.

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent, daverj

onurkalaycioglu
Veteran Wiggler

LZX Bitvision

Post by onurkalaycioglu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:47 pm

anyone have any insight or experience using the bitvision. also does anyone know where to get one.... preferably the kit.

barto
Veteran Wiggler

Post by barto » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:24 pm

pretty effective for sound reaction. pretty easy to reprogram coming from someone who's never programmed a microcontroller. there is a bit of underscan so not necessarily good mixing with other video sources. overall i really like it

mr_coops
Common Wiggler

Post by mr_coops » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 am

theres a few topics on here regarding the synth, all about imagers and palettes, a quick search for bitvision or bitviosion images should bring them up ;)

Captain Sternn
Common Wiggler

Post by Captain Sternn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 pm

I'm also interested n finding a kit for sale. Emailed AH sometime last year and they weren't in stock. Asked again recently and got no response. :sadbanana:

starpause
Common Wiggler

Post by starpause » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:29 pm

i've been waiting a long time too but am glad LZX is cranking out other basics (my VWG just shipped from AH^^). patience is the game. if you want to do some video electronics kitting there's also the arduino video shield

http://nootropicdesign.com/ve/

just gone one to solder up, hoping to make an mfb vd01 clone with it since those are impossible to find now too.

blabberbytes
Learning to Wiggle

Post by blabberbytes » Sat May 04, 2019 4:11 pm

So I been playing around with my Bitvision 1.2 kit that i built the other day and I think it stopped working after i tried to change some colors on the palette. Or maybe it decided to not work because of my bad soldering?!? lol

Anyways I was having trouble getting AVR studio recognizing my programmer for the longest time. Eventually moved to an older WIN 7 with USB 2.0 laptop and I was able to get the USBTiny Drivers to work by using the libusb-win32(the latest i think). The computer recognized the Pocket AVR Programmer

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/po ... ookup-guid e/installing-drivers

now but AVR studio 5 still didnt. So I ended up following this tutorial

Using a USBTiny Programmer with Atmel Studio
where I had to download AVRdude and set up an external Device. Im still not sure how to “build” as I have pressed f7 and nothing happens but, when I loaded up the external device, I noticed that the LEDs on the Bitvision were not on anymore. When I plugged it into the CRT no more video. :frowning:

I used the source code from this link:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/lzxindustries/bitvision/

When I downloaded it it was titled “1.0” so maybe I just need the 1.2 version and It will work again? Or maybe I just suck at soldering and it decided to stop working? Everytime I try to load the new code though, the two LEDs Blink, but thats all I can get from it now. HAAALP!

Return to “Video Synthesis”