MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Banana system pictures
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 183, 184, 185  Next [all]
Author Banana system pictures
parasitk

nanners nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Dead Banana It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners nanners

Sixpac arrived today, and I just hooked everything up. Just need to grab and connect one of my Blacet PSUs. Hopefully I'll start converting my frac to 'nanners this week!
BananaPlug
Nice sixpac you've got going there. You don't hear much about that Logipac but it is incredibly useful. Have fun!
tragedybysyntax
Nice Chris! That's going to be a nice combo right there! I'm still looking for a six pack..... PS500 I guess is the way to go for powering just a six pack eh? Awesome! smile
Muff Wiggler
parasitk wrote:
This arrived today.

you bought yourself a Deep Throat Fetal Punch??? angry

wtf man that is totally fucking obscene. Seriously, I can get my pervert on with the best of them but that's just going way, way, way too far.

Totally sick dude, wow. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

edit: ah shit panda30y totally beat me to the 'punch' on that one. Damn.

Still, mine was better razz
parasitk
ambulance
KNYST
drewskee wrote:
My custom two panel Serge with early Buchla 200 type knobs in a home built case and table/stand....

Looks awesome! 8_)
parasitk

Did this today! I need to order some switches to finish off the Binary Zone and Quad VCA.

I also killed something in the Binary Zone though. No output at all. Seems I killed the 4024 somehow. Thanks much to DGTom for helping me troubleshoot it!

Wiard Noise Ring is next, although I need to figure out all the normaling first. help
BananaPlug
Yes!! Another bananafier on the loose! nanners
Sorry to hear about the BZ though. Hope it will be alright. ambulance
Roycie Roller
parasitk wrote:

Wiard Noise Ring is next, although I need to figure out all the normaling first. help

Bugbrand bananafied indexofmetal's Noise Ring, so they may have advice.
While you're at it, put in a switch in place of the jumper that's on the pcb- this allows you to switch between forward data & recycling/feedbacking data. I did with mine, it's well worth it, gives you 2 types of Noise Rings! In recycling mode, you can actually get some kind of looping/sampling going on (sampling when you quickly switch from normal to recycle- the recycle will hold whatever you just switched from & loop it). It doesn't seem to be very stable, the loops do change in time, but it's great for basslines, etc.
Basically, all you do is get a 3 hole adapter for the 3-pin header that the jumper uses, and replace the plastic link on the jumper pins with the adapter.
Then solder 3 wires from the adapter to an SP-DT switch (on-on-on or on-off-on), and away you go. If you don't want to drill a hole in your noise ring panel, put the switch on your rack ear or elsewhere. I also multed the white noise to 2 additional jacks. Dead Banana
tragedybysyntax
parasitk wrote:

Did this today! I need to order some switches to finish off the Binary Zone and Quad VCA.

I also killed something in the Binary Zone though. No output at all. Seems I killed the 4024 somehow. Thanks much to DGTom for helping me troubleshoot it!

Sweet baby jesus! Looks bitchin man. It's going to be a week or so before I feel my frac is worth showing new bananafied pics of. Because I'm OCD, I'm making new panels for the blacet modules I kept. LOL. I've got the metal panels sitting here... time for illustrator, ordering parts tomorrow. smile
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
how can you guys just glaze over the "deep throat fetal punch" revelation?

I demand more information!!!
parasitk
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
how can you guys just glaze over the "deep throat fetal punch" revelation?

I demand more information!!!

I used that today, actually. Fetal punched some holes in my Frac ears. It was pretty deep. I really should have picked up the Deep Throat Donkey Punch though, I think it's even better.
tragedybysyntax
It's a crosspost but... sue me. lol. I just got these 2 finished over the weekend. Came out pretty neat. Blacet I/O and a Blacet miniwave. If you look at the I/o on the side you can see it's a factory with power towers and the miniwave is well.... a sinister fellow. I'm still looking for knobs for this row of modules... just kinda kicking around a few online before I finish this all up and make it somewhat uniform.

And here is the banana system SO far. I'm going to sneak a blacet lfo in the one rack ear and an mfb dual lfo in the other rack ear on the silver row.
Rest of the space (4U) is for the panel I'm designing and should hopefully get moving along now that I have pcb's rollin in. Thanks for checking out
the lil banana box. smile

science
Those panels look awesome!
parasitk
Yep that looks great. I love the rough look. I may actually go this route for my DIY, actually – only in 4U and maybe copper. SlayerBadger!
decaying.sine
those are the coolest panels. they look awesome. you should put a touch of patina on the evilwave so it looks like you just dug it up from the depths of hell!
tragedybysyntax
Hey thanks guys! They'll look alot better once I get some knobs on there!
Patina...HMMM, would that work on aluminum? That would look evil for a future project however.. smile
wetterberg
epic, bro. I love the cruddiness that the panels get. Battle scars smile
zthee

And what it sounds like: Garlic Space Door.mp3
BananaPlug
Amazing work, though thru is not quite the same concept as trough.
DGTom
I think thats been covered lol

great stuff zthee! I really like the processed 606 you tweeted as well, those Serge filters sure are something else!!
zthee
BananaPlug wrote:
Amazing work, though thru is not quite the same concept as trough.

Yeah, I know waah

The panel also has Divsion written on it hmmm.....
BananaPlug
You can probably use this technique on just about any of those modules where the PCB is parallel to the panel and there isn't enough room behind the panel for the shaft of the banana jack. If there isn't room behind the panel, put some of it in front of the panel!

Here we have the poster child for the banana plug bushing trick:

parasitk wrote:
It's peanut butter jelly time!

I'd like to know more about how this was accomplished! This is fun!

Here's how I bananafied the Borg:

Decide if you really want to do this (more below).
Find 6 banana jacks in appropriate colors (e.g. Johnson 108-0903-001).
Find 6 bushings, approximate measurements: .32" id, .4" od, .3" thick.
Remove knobs and jack nuts.
Separate panel from module (If you're careful you can leave the one wired pot connected).
Unsolder and remove the 6 jacks (the hardest part).
Inspect board for stray bits of solder.
FYI, the holes for the jack terminals are arranged in a U. We'll only be using the one at the bottom of the U (tip).
Ream out the jack holes in the panel to fit the new jacks.
Slip the bushings over the jacks and mount to the panel. Read the next few steps before you tighten them down.
Solder a wire (about 1.5") to each jack and then bend the solder tab over with small pliers.
Take the nut off the "control" pot and put a washer or two there.
Reassemble, taking care to guide the LED and wires to useful places.
Make sure the solder tabs of the jacks are not in contact with anything on the PCB, rotate the jacks or re-bend tabs to correct.
Put the nut back on the "control" pot.
Hook up the six wires.

Disclaimers, cautions, advice etc.
This is exactly the sort of thing that voids any warranty you might have. Most manufacturers take a dim view of this sort of thing (and mods in general), probably due to having been pestered by people who did a bad job and then want help. If you are an experienced DIYer none of this is rocket science and the whole job should only take you an hour or two. If you're new to this, you'll almost certainly have difficulty removing the mini jacks and can easily damage the board. Don't blame anyone but yourself. On the other hand you can learn to do this stuff.

Mechanical considerations:
Bushings - I used some "cup washers" I had lying around. They were close to the ideal size, made of some kind of semi-hard plastic, and I just needed to drill out the center hole with a step drill. I'm looking into sourcing an more perfect part and if that works out I may end up with a big bag of them. Stay tuned.
Fastening - The panel was attached to the PCB by the 6 mini jacks. Now the only load bearing attachment for the PCB is the "control" pot. In the studio this should be fine. If your gear gets tossed around a lot maybe it's an issue. You might look for a place to drill holes for a standoff.
w00t
chimologic
here is terrible quality picture of studio system,jsut a few things missing or hidden:

parasitk
My latest banana system! DIY-cased Little Boy Blue. love

Still have some work to do on it (knobs, attach battery clip, put caps in those mis-punched 1/4" jack holes), but the fucking thing sounds amazing.

Audio will go up this week! SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 183, 184, 185  Next [all]
Page 8 of 185