MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The modules that should exist (but don't)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Author The modules that should exist (but don't)
mr.freeman
stike wrote:
A module that prints money - with CV controls for nationality and denomination.

THIS Guinness ftw!
kcmyoung
Is there a module that will turn MIDI or multiple CV inputs into an arpeggiated CV output? This would allow you to play "chords" on an external keyboard with just one oscillator smile I guess it'd need to be clocked and it'd be nice to be able to select from different arp patterns/modes.

I can't tell from the description if this module does this:

http://flame.fortschritt-musik.de/news_Arpeggiator_module.htm

My conclusion is it does everything BUT this?
euromorcego
Quote:
I'm wondering if this isn't fairly simple to do DIY?

yes, this is what i was looking into. Basically it is a passive mult with two passive attenuators: one input, one passive mult, and two attenuated outputs, shouldn't be more than 4hp.

I am only a bit worried about voltage drop. In a passive build, it may affect the other outputs if one of the attenuators is used/adjusted (crosstalk). Otherwise, voltage drop is not too critical, i imagined more a situation where, for example, an envelope is distributed to a VCA, a filter, and maybe a further destination, each with different strength.

Of course, an active version would also be nice, with one input, one buffered out, and two attenuverters, all in a 4hp footprint, similar to the Manhattan modules.
euromorcego
Quote:
Is there a module that will turn MIDI or multiple CV inputs into an arpeggiated CV output?

i think there a few of those available (each doing something slightly different). For example, check Bartons CV ARPEGGIATOR : "A very cool little circuit for turning single notes into arpeggios in your modular synth. It features controls for range, note sets, and movement."
http://www.bartonmusicalcircuits.com/arpeggiator/index.html

But if you just want a basic arppegiator, Yarns has one included, or you use a simple switch that is clocked, up to 4 CV inputs are distributed sequentially to one output, like the A-151 or the new Erica Synth module (8 inputs, you can also skip steps).
kcmyoung
[presses like button]
euromorcego
The modules that should be (but isn't) is a simple eurorack tuner with included precision voltage source/adder. Basically a rotary switch that selects 1/12V-11/12V, an octave select switch. You then can patch the output into an osc and connect the oscillator to the tuner input. And there is a second input, so that the reference voltage source can also be use as an octave switcher. Maybe also a buffered mult for the osc input so you can continue patching from there.

Like single Beast's Chalkboard but with a small tuner included, and the voltage source includes 1/12V steps as well as octaves, and not more than 6hp.
de_raaf
i'm also for more eq in the modular, more as working, utility stuff, no need super high studio quality, like some dual 3 band or dual graphic, so you can do serial and parallel stuff etc
something more compact, i love my res eq, but its hard to find a place for it in the performance case
klo
a multi effect module with lots of cv and preset saving , similar to the vst sugarbytes turnado would be nice !
allert
I think someone said it earlier in the thread but a simple "drum" sampler would be nice:

4 samples 16bit/48k to be read from sd card
4 trigger ins
4 outs

maybe: 4 cv inputs for start point, 4 cv inputs for pitch.
maybe maybe: 4 attenuators for pitch cv inputs
rhizomatik
de_raaf wrote:
i'm also for more eq in the modular, more as working, utility stuff, no need super high studio quality, like some dual 3 band or dual graphic, so you can do serial and parallel stuff etc
something more compact, i love my res eq, but its hard to find a place for it in the performance case

Would also love more EQ options in euro.
Why not look to this classic for inspiration

conscious
allert wrote:
I think someone said it earlier in the thread but a simple "drum" sampler would be nice:

4 samples 16bit/48k to be read from sd card
4 trigger ins
4 outs

maybe: 4 cv inputs for start point, 4 cv inputs for pitch.
maybe maybe: 4 attenuators for pitch cv inputs

yes please!

and more 8/16 step trigger sequencers for drums please
analogue01
I'd like to see a new quad LPG on the market.

Also a 4hp ASR like the old Plan B M 23.

And maybe a voltage controlled comb filter, too.
allert
Voltage controlled comb filter you say? http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/modules/rs120.htm
mudlogger
analogue01 wrote:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/elbydesigns/cgs734/
Daisuk
Hell yes to -

- Equalizers
- Quad LPG's
- 4 samples/triggers/ins/outs
- Clocked digital delays (long delays)
mudlogger
A proper granular sampler - hurry up Mr Harvestman!
analogue01
allert wrote:
Voltage controlled comb filter you say? http://www.analoguesystems.co.uk/modules/rs120.htm

I always forget about analoge systems. cool.

mudlogger wrote:
analogue01 wrote:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/elbydesigns/cgs734/

Last time I checked it's way too deep for my case. There's an ASR thread somewhere where we all go around in circles about this.
ETP
mfb megazwerg delay section as one euro module. not very good audio quality but freeze option is super great
mapmap
i would LOVE to see a high quality looper/sampler with...
-speed control that can lock to 25%/50%/100%/200% or smooth.
-up to 20 seconds of recording at 100% + unlimited overdubbing.
-movable A/B loop points.
-CV control over most (if not all) parameters with bi-polar attenuation
-priced under $400

there are at least a half dozen guitar pedals that do most of these things in the $100-$200 range. the eventide timefactor is the only one that i know of with the movable loop points and that one costs a bit more.

i think that there is a big hole in the eurorack sampler/looper department but i am pretty confidant that we will start to see some interesting things pop up in the next two years.
mskala
Sixteen basic sawtooth VCOs in a 4x4 grid. Nine 1v/oct control inputs: one for each row and column and one global to the whole grid. Some kind of normalling/offset scheme so that you can feed knob-adjustable fixed voltages into those inputs instead of needing a separate control voltage generator. 25 outputs: each of the oscillators, each row and column mixture, and global. Patching into a single-oscillator output removes it from the row and global mix outputs.

This would be big and expensive, but it's not really any more circuitry than let's say an analog vocoder. And depending on how it's patched, it could generate many exciting kinds of chords, super-saws, and polyphony. It could probably be done cheaper digitally, but where's the fun in that? I'll probably build it some day.
Flohr
On the EQ tip, how bout kill switches for low, mid and high? Like on some DJ mixers? I have an old Numark that has these: Pull down and it's like a pitch wheel where it returns to center on release (so playable for quick cuts) flip it up and it holds. Could be very useful and playable in a modular context. Would be fine without CV, but also cool to be able to hit the individual cuts with gates/triggers.

Another idea is a very short stutter delay/looper. Like a hold or freeze. But just that. Starts loop on gate high, record stops when gate is low. Seperate gate for play on and off. Obviously you can already do this with the larger more expensive euro delays and loopers but I think this would work on a smaller scale. No memory, no banked loops. Short time. Just for glitchy stutters and rolls and shit.
analogue01
mapmap wrote:
i would LOVE to see a high quality looper/sampler with...
-speed control that can lock to 25%/50%/100%/200% or smooth.
-up to 20 seconds of recording at 100% + unlimited overdubbing.
-movable A/B loop points.
-CV control over most (if not all) parameters with bi-polar attenuation
-priced under $400

there are at least a half dozen guitar pedals that do most of these things in the $100-$200 range. the eventide timefactor is the only one that i know of with the movable loop points and that one costs a bit more.

i think that there is a big hole in the eurorack sampler/looper department but i am pretty confidant that we will start to see some interesting things pop up in the next two years.

You need a monome aleph. It's totally not in that price range, though Dead Banana
analogue01
A range of fft based spectral modules with lots of cv control would be amazing. a full range of soundhack modules or a GRM series would blow my mind.
mapmap
analogue01 wrote:

You need a monome aleph. It's totally not in that price range, though Dead Banana

would love one... but yeah, not in the price range and also ALL GONE!
no word yet on another run. i think something else pretty cool should be coming along from them next. hyper
mangobob
Korg PS-3100 resonators in Euro format (assembled or DIY kit)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Page 4 of 23