Tipsy Circuits - Emperor

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:29 pm

mckenic wrote:
Flux302 wrote:I hope there is an later option with a break out for a external tablet as a screen that would really be bad ass. (maybe just plug in to usb to do that?
Oh God yes!!!
Wouldn't you just use mira to do that for max? Or run osx in terminal/mirror mode, or whatever it's called?

I think the real potential of this - and no doubt others will discover incredible applications - is to bring the monome, the illucia, soundplane etc. with all of their apps and functionality, right into the modular case. Use polygomé to play your modular, or the illucia tetrix sequencer. Have them talk to each other and to the modular. Obviously won't appeal to everybody, but potentially huge.
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."

OZ

stabilt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by stabilt » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:48 pm

Windows 8 and later is made to be used on tablets but OSX is not so I wonder if it's very user friendly as hackintosh?

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:37 pm

I would personally like to 'set and forget' something like this.
Have the functionality of a computer but turn off or de-dock the screen... if that makes sense?

Just my initial thought on it - potentially very powerful but a doorway back down the rabbit hole I bought a modular to get away from.

wander
Common Wiggler

Post by wander » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Being able to integrate something like Supercollider or Puredata patches would be really neat, like xnor said... I'm excited to see what this thing can do!
My SoundCloud - Chill, ambient soundscapes

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Pure Data, Supercollider = no problem.

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:52 am

Well congrats on getting it out on time Botstein - now for some real demos I hope :party:
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."

OZ

Blingley
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Blingley » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:00 am

Seems potentially great for live performance. Integration possibilities are endless, from gaming console controllers to actual MIDI instruments. Pricing and latency seem to be the main concerns.
strettara wrote: I think the real potential of this - and no doubt others will discover incredible applications - is to bring the monome, the illucia, soundplane etc. with all of their apps and functionality, right into the modular case. Use polygomé to play your modular, or the illucia tetrix sequencer. Have them talk to each other and to the modular. Obviously won't appeal to everybody, but potentially huge.
While it is not my area of interest, I figure that the video synthesis crowd will go crazy with this. Integrating Anything from Resolume to max/jitter should help allow for a lot of fun things. Modular-controlled vector and/or 3D graphics, anyone? (Video rates migh form a problem, though.)

PS: Twitch chat plays modular.
PPS: Twitch chat plays pokemon plays modular.
PPPS: TASbot plays pokemon red plays twitch chat plays modular.

mafouka
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mafouka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:11 am

I've been dreaming of the potentialities in this module
這一生中有多少人擦肩而過?而朋友是多麼可貴啊

wcheeese
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wcheeese » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:14 am

When can we see some more in depth examples of it being used?
Now that the cat is out of the bag (Post-NAMM) I thought we'd be hearing more details and perhaps various video demos showing off different ways it can be used ( :hyper: )...but nothing :hmm: still too early? :despair:

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:44 am

wcheeese wrote:When can we see some more in depth examples of it being used?
Now that the cat is out of the bag (Post-NAMM) I thought we'd be hearing more details and perhaps various video demos showing off different ways it can be used ( :hyper: )...but nothing :hmm: still too early? :despair:
Rich and I had an absolutely killer NAMM show this year. We really benefited from being able to booth with Muff Wiggler and from everyone's insightful feedback. My few regrets include not being able to make some of the social events like the barbecue this year.

We are working on navigating the business side of things in order to find the best way to get the highest-quality product out. We are so excited by the number of potential users and industry people alike who really get it, but just as we anticipated, there are a few hurtles with which to contend in order to realize this project properly.

On the technical side, everything really works, and runs like a dream, but we are revisiting our layout and adding "one more thing," another dimension to the module that we are as of yet not quite ready to reveal, and that really changes the game.

Nobody, other than perhaps Rich, is more eager to ship these or to show off their capabilities than I am. I am confident that this module will be worth the wait, and that wigglers will be able to get their hands on them soon.

wcheeese
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wcheeese » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:22 am

Thank you for the update! :yay:

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:48 am

drip.feed wrote:Can it run OS X?
OS X? Don't you know all the cool kids are running Red Star now?

daverj
Vintage Video Wiggler

Post by daverj » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm curious about the amount of power this might need when running full blast, with audio and CV in and out at full speed, and maybe a couple of USB devices plugged in (those can suck a lot of power). Will this need it's own added power supply?

Also curious if you've had to build a shield around the back of it to block it transmitting RFI to other modules? The typical microcontrollers used in modules don't have a lot of high frequency signals leaving the chip, but I would think something this powerful, especially with USB-3, would do some radiating.

It's a pretty wild module. It was only a matter of time before somebody came up with something like this. Nice work!

Not to promote feature creep, but if the processor board has an HDMI connector, it would be cool to have that come out the front so people could send images to a projector for background images during a performance.

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:03 pm

daverj wrote:It's a pretty wild module. It was only a matter of time before somebody came up with something like this. Nice work!
Thank you! I'll send you a pm. We're not ready to announce certain details publicly.

moonkid
Common Wiggler

Post by moonkid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:15 pm

i'd slice up a baby to get my hands on one of these :loves:

need beta testers?

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:04 pm

moonkid wrote:i'd slice up a baby to get my hands on one of these :loves:
Uh, please don't. It won't help. I'm glad that you get it though!
moonkid wrote:need beta testers?
We aren't in beta just yet. The beta phase will be short and sweet. We have a pretty pimp list of badass beta testers lined up!

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:44 pm

listentoaheartbeat wrote:What buffer sizes are you running for the audio interface? I can see latency becoming an issue for many applications.
Bumping my own question.. :tu:

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:50 pm

listentoaheartbeat wrote:
listentoaheartbeat wrote:What buffer sizes are you running for the audio interface? I can see latency becoming an issue for many applications.
This is configurable.

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:50 am

botstein wrote:
This is configurable.
Yes, of course. I am wondering what the system can handle. For example, if I am using it as a processor for audio or CV from the modular, I will need super low latencies, like 64 or even 32 samples.

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:37 am

botstein wrote:
This is configurable.
Yes, of course. I am wondering what the system can handle. For example, if I am using it as a processor for audio or CV from the modular, I will need super low latencies, like 64 or even 32 samples.
...not a problem. We were running Ableton Live and Maschine like that.

huron
Wiggling with Experience

Post by huron » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:42 pm

botstein wrote:
moonkid wrote:i'd slice up a baby to get my hands on one of these :loves:
Uh, please don't. It won't help. I'm glad that you get it though!
moonkid wrote:need beta testers?
We aren't in beta just yet. The beta phase will be short and sweet. We have a pretty pimp list of badass beta testers lined up!
With that said, can't wait for the Richard Devine Max/MSP demo you all know is bound to happen! :bacon:

mritenburg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mritenburg » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:52 am

Any news or updates for this?
Disappointment with any module is usually a failure of imagination.

glitch experiment

wcheeese
Learning to Wiggle

Post by wcheeese » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 am

mritenburg wrote:Any news or updates for this?
:bump:

archivarius
Common Wiggler

Post by archivarius » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:16 am

Will the Linux drivers for the audio and CV inputs/outputs be open source?
The world becomes the dream, and the dream becomes the world. - Novalis

mowgli
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mowgli » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:01 pm

Looks awesome but ...

What are people's thoughts on guys just going back to getting cracked plugins rather than buying modules and supporting all the new module companies springing up everywhere? Guys are spending money they don't have, which is great in a way. Plus doesn't it make a load of amazing modules irrelevant?

Saying that .. it's very tempting :)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”