MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Author USAMO
fragletrollet
Any ETA for the mk2 of the ESX-8MD? Been waiting for a good 2 months now hmmm.....
Acid Mitch
ibiking wrote:

. A warning for Cirklon users: you cannot route MIDI from Usamo to Cirklon and then via USB back to the computer -s

It's not just USAMO that happens with. There's a few programs that don't let you do loopbacks with the Cirklon over USB.
I should probably mention it to Colin.

ibiking wrote:

One thing I noticed though is that Usamo is quite sensitive to CPU spikes. E.g. if I tweak some other VST that causes the CPU to spike from 5% to 20% or more (Ableton Live meter), Usamo will loose sync, so I need to stop and start again. Is this something that could be fixed, or is this unavoidable?s

I don't get that in Samplitude or FLstudio on Windows.
Must be something with Ableton.

ibiking wrote:

edit: just realized this was my first post, hello everyone smile

Hi.
os
fragletrollet wrote:
Any ETA for the mk2 of the ESX-8MD? Been waiting for a good 2 months now hmmm.....

Postmodular have them: http://postmodular.co.uk/expert-sleepers/esx-8md

Another full production run is in progress.

@ibiking - thanks for sharing your results.
echoplex
os wrote:
If you need more ports you just buy more USAMOs.

A splitter or thru box would not be a good idea. If you want tight timing, you need a dedicated port per device..

first let me say that I would use the USAMO only for clocking duties!

I'd like to clock my Octatrack and the Analog Rytm from Logic via the USAMO.

Do I really need 2x USAMOs for this?
I often read now that thru ports on devices does not automatically mean true thru .. seriously, i just don't get it

Anyone with experience on these?

P.S! will the USAMO plug-in work in Logic 9 under os x 10.6.8??
os
echoplex wrote:
P.S! will the USAMO plug-in work in Logic 9 under os x 10.6.8??

Should do. If in doubt download the software and try it.
Robbie
joetrip wrote:
Hi Os, cheers for your reply, I have attached a screen grab ( I hope...)

Mine looks like this, too. I'm on OS X 10.9.5 and Logic Pro 9.1.8.

Please forgive me if the solution to this has already been posted and I missed it somehow.

Edit: GUI or no, I decided to just muck around with with volume levels and see if I could make something happen, and now it perfectly starts, stops, and clocks my tanzbar's sequencer, and also chugs notes out to my miniak. I couldn't get it to trigger my Dark Energy, which was the only other MIDI thing close by, but I think that's down to me not knowing how to set the MIDI channel on it because I usually CV/gate it. So Guinness ftw!

(Using a PreSonus Firepod interface).
Acid Mitch
echoplex wrote:

first let me say that I would use the USAMO only for clocking duties!

I'd like to clock my Octatrack and the Analog Rytm from Logic via the USAMO.

Do I really need 2x USAMOs for this?
I often read now that thru ports on devices does not automatically mean true thru .. seriously, i just don't get it

From 2 pages previous

Acid Mitch wrote:

I have USAMO working fine with a Philip Rees thru box supplying clock to several devices.
Acid Mitch
os wrote:
os wrote:
Thanks, that saved me a lot of time. There appears to be a bug (or at least a lack of full VST spec support) in Samplitude. I'll report it to them and see what they say.

They confirmed the bug and said it would be fixed in a forthcoming patch.

So I just upgraded to the latest version of Samplitude and the fix isn't in the latest patch. NNNOOOOO!!!!! Hopefully it's in the next one.
Will shoot them an email and see if they can pull their fingers out.
MikkelM
I just stumpled upon this and was wondering if its possible to bounce the midi-audio-signal, put it on an Elektron Octatrack and connect the Usamo to the Octatrack.

Voila my problem with the Octatracks limitation of 64-notes pr. sequence is solved.

Cheers

Mikkel
os
Yes, that should work, provided the Octatrack's output level is adequate (comparable to a standard audio interface's output).
MikkelM
Yeesssss! will it might work with the diod and capacitor diy cable?

I would love to keep my setup as compact as possible, when I travel.

Cheers

Mikkel
os
It might, but I doubt you'd get a lot of voltage range from it.
MikkelM
Any idea of when usamo will be available again?
os
A month or so.
DanJGW
Many apologies for the noob question but would I be able to get clock to my Eurorack (specifically Mutable Inst 'Grids') as well as the CV/Gate?

Setup will be

Logic > Focusrite 6i6 > USAMO > Doepfer Dark Link > Eurorack

Looks like a great product!!

applause
os
Yes, I guess that would work, but it seems like a very roundabout method compared to using Silent Way and the other Expert Sleepers modules.
DanJGW
Yes, please excuse my ignorance. After a bit of reading up I think the ES4 would be a much better bet. Thanks for your response oops
cranleigh
Hi guys (well, OS mainly),
If I were to buy a used USAMO, would it be a straightforward process to transfer the software license?

Thanks!
os
Yes, just mail me, I'll sort it out.
cranleigh
os wrote:
Yes, just mail me, I'll sort it out.

Super, thanks. Animal! Animal! Animal!
MikkelM
Any idea of when it will be in stock again?
os
A couple of weeks.
milleborne
Firstly, just received a new USAMO from latest batch. I can report it's working great so far with a Motu 2408mkII, Logic 9.1.7, v1.0.6 plugin @ both 44.1/48kHz. Thanks for a great product OS!

(solved)
But strange thing however, I haven't yet been able to pass self-test (have never been able to see green), nor can I get clip LED to flash at any volume. Activity light is also at full on (no blink). Plugin level is set to 0.7 and Logic fader at 0.

Secondly, is there a way within Logic to run my 3rd party synth editor/librarian (runs as AU instrument) with USAMO plugin?
os
Re. self test, what MIDI interface are you using for the input? Is it receiving anything?

You can run editors - you just need to route the MIDI into the plug-in. E.g. using the USAMO plug-in's own virtual MIDI port.
milleborne
Source is Emagic MT4. I can confirm it's receiving input, but registers Test Failure (red) on every incoming line. But, everything seems to work in normal operation so far for triggering my sampler...

Thanks on editor info also.

os wrote:
Re. self test, what MIDI interface are you using for the input? Is it receiving anything?

You can run editors - you just need to route the MIDI into the plug-in. E.g. using the USAMO plug-in's own virtual MIDI port.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next [all]
Page 9 of 24