MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

FH-1 firmware announcement thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-1 firmware announcement thread
os
This thread will serve as a means for announcing FH-1 firmware updates. Please watch this topic for replies if you would like notification of such updates.

Please keep chat to a minimum on this thread - discussion, support requests etc. can be posted as new topics.
os
Firmware version 1.1 is up.

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1usermanual.html#firmware

Changes in this version:
* Added legato velocity setting.
* Added LFO phase controls.
* Added scales to the sequencer.
* Added reset menus.
* Added LFO noise and random waveforms.
cannonball swandive
Hey Os, any idea when the update for the midi channel preferences update will be? Where user will be able to control all the cc of an lfo on 1 midi channel.
os
Version 1.2 is released.

* Added configuration scripts.
* Added smoothing.
* Added calibration.
* Added setting for preset to load at startup.
albedo0point39
Super quick question - is it necessary to upgrade through each version, or is it possible just to skip to the latest? I'm still on 1.0
os
You can just skip to the latest.
rove74
I am unable to implement the preset at startup function, maybe a video of this?
I have tried a number of different times following the instructions in the online manual and the FH-1 still doesn't start with correct preset (number 1 in this case).

Thanks.
os
rove74
Thanks so much, got it. I was missing the part about it being menu 3 on LEDs 1-8.
os
Version 1.3 is released.

* Added global transpose setting.
* Added setting to disable device-specific modes.
* Added inverted gate option in configuration scripts.
* Added optimisations for the LinnStrument.
* Added support for the Launchpad Pro.
NoSix
os wrote:

* Added setting to disable device-specific modes.

Hey OS,

Would you mind a quick explanation to this function?
os
For the Launchpads & Launch Control XL, and the LinnStrument, the FH-1 enters a device-specific mode. This setting forces the FH-1 to not do that, and treat the device as a generic one.
rove74
Where can I download the hex file for this script:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads/fh1scripts/expander%20major.txt

Thanks
os
Here.
Smais
os wrote:
For the Launchpads & Launch Control XL, and the LinnStrument, the FH-1 enters a device-specific mode.

My FH-1 doesn't seem to recognize my Launch Control XL or enter a specific mode. I've installed 1.3 , I was hoping it would just jump into the cool sequencer set up from your video. Am I missing something, or is the Launch Control mode not out yet?
os
Does it not do the double flash of all the LEDs when the LCXL is plugged in?

For the sequencer as in the demo, you need to set up the LCXL with the attached config (in user slot 1).
Smais
os wrote:
Does it not do the double flash of all the LEDs when the LCXL is plugged in?

Yes it does do that. But none of the knobs or faders do anything. Is that what it's supposed to do in device specific mode? Is the sequencer setup separate from the device specific mode? I'm a bit confused: if I have to configure the LCXL itself what's the advantage of it recognizing the device? Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Edit: Thanks for the config by the way, the sequencer is working nicely which is what I was after anyway.
os
Cool. The device-specific aspect of this is the visual feedback - that the FH-1 sends MIDI back to the controller to change the LEDs.
Smais
os wrote:
Cool. The device-specific aspect of this is the visual feedback - that the FH-1 sends MIDI back to the controller to change the LEDs.

Oh I see d'oh! In that case its working perfectly nanners
os
Version 1.4 is released. Changes:

* Added internal clock generator (bpm-based and tap tempo).
* Added special purpose outputs.
* Added setting to disable tempo-synced LFOs when clock is stopped.
* Fixed a bug in LFO speeds above CC value 120.
* Fixed a bug which caused sequencer A's outputs to update in response to CCs setting sequencer B's steps.
* Changed maximum polyphony to 16 (from 4).
* Whitespace in configuration scripts is now ignored.
* Added support for raw MIDI in configuration scripts.
robbert
Yeah, great SlayerBadger!
deadvolume
Fantastic!
os
Not a firmware update per se, but I've added a little pdf quick reference guide for the FH-1 menus. You can download it right next to the firmware updates on the user manual web page.
os
Version 1.5 is released.

* Added the ability to change settings and perform clock actions via MIDI.
* Scripts are now run whever a USB device is attached, not just at power up.
* Added the DEV & RST script commands.
* Added portamento for monophonic MIDI/CV converters.
* Added sequencer glide and gate length parameters.
shreeswifty
maybe i should ask here. I grabbed a Novation Control XL to use with the FH-1 can you show me how to enable the proper user specific mode please?

How can one tell what firmware is current on the FH-1?
os
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147286

The firmware version is shown at startup. Refer to the user manual.
autopoiesis
os wrote:
Version 1.5 is released.

* Added the ability to change settings and perform clock actions via MIDI.
* Scripts are now run whever a USB device is attached, not just at power up.
* Added the DEV & RST script commands.
* Added portamento for monophonic MIDI/CV converters.
* Added sequencer glide and gate length parameters.

A belated thank you for running with my suggestion for glide on notes played legato! Just wondering, is the glide constant time (like on a 303) or constant rate? And do 0-127 values sent to the dedicated CC's scale the glide time or rate, or do they just behave as a portamento on legato on/off toggle with some binary threshold?

If anyone's been making use of this feature I'd be tickled to hear a demo.
os
I refer you to

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1usermanual.html#sequencers

The glide is exponential, which I believe is exactly what the 303 does - basically a LPF on the CV. Not what I would call either constant time or constant rate.
autopoiesis
Thanks - wasn't sure if all the remarks on smoothing applied to this glide feature.
AXXONN
Feature Request for future Firmware:

• Able have additional sequencers on expanders
• Separate Clock (or Clock division) for Sequencer B

thx Os.
os
Version 1.6 is released.

http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1usermanual.html#firmware

* Added support for release velocity and trigger outputs in the MIDI/CV converters.
* Added the 'lowest voice' polyphonic voice allocation scheme.
* Added the ability to step through presets via the FH-1 trigger inputs.
* Added MIDI System Exclusive functionality - the ability to set CC remapping directly via SysEx, and the ability to load and save scripts via SysEx.
* Added the 'FORCE' command in the configuration scripts.
* Added a menu command to reboot the FH-1.
* Increased compatibility with some USB devices (notably the KMI SoftStep).
* Fixed a problem which could cause FH-1 output 1 to glitch if FHX-1 expanders were being used.
* The FH-1 no longer generates MIDI clock if it is following MIDI clock; nor will it attempt to follow MIDI clock if it is itself generating MIDI clock.
greenanother
os wrote:
Version 1.6 is released.

* Added support for release velocity and trigger outputs in the MIDI/CV converters.
* Added MIDI System Exclusive functionality - the ability to set CC remapping directly via SysEx, and the ability to load and save scripts via SysEx.
* Fixed a problem which could cause FH-1 output 1 to glitch if FHX-1 expanders were being used.
* The FH-1 no longer generates MIDI clock if it is following MIDI clock; nor will it attempt to follow MIDI clock if it is itself generating MIDI clock.

Wow! Thank you so much, os! It's peanut butter jelly time! we're not worthy hyper w00t Guinness ftw!
greenanother
os

Alright, so I saved 8 presets, accessed setting level C and clicked choice #6. Sending a gate to the X input and the FH-1 is stepping through levels 1-8, but there is no change between the presets I saved. I'm assuming that means that I'm stepping through the sequencer and not the presets, but I have no idea how to change that (and what changing the value from 0-1 means in the manual). What should I do?
os
Once you've accessed the setting in the menu, turn the encoder to change its value.

See http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1usermanual.html#settings
greenanother
os wrote:
Once you've accessed the setting in the menu, turn the encoder to change its value.

See http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1usermanual.html#settings

That's what I was expecting to happen, but after I choose setting #6 turning the encoder does nothing (no led change). Maybe a glitch?
os
This is what it should do:
greenanother
os wrote:
This is what it should do:

Thanks for the video! My FH-1 wasn't doing that so I reinstalled the firmware and now it works perfectly (I obviously didn't do something right the first time. Thanks so much for implementing this. If possible; however, it would be great to see the leds change to indicate what preset one is on (visually like the sequencer does). It would also be amazing if we had an option not just to step through the presets in order and reset to the top, but randomly as well. Smoothly morphing through presets with midi would be excellent I'm sure. Upping the number of presets to 16 would also be great. A lot to ask I know, but there is so much potential here. Maybe I'll post a video here to demonstrate the potential for those that can't visualize what I'm outlining here. Guinness ftw!
msun
Is it possible to get built in support for the Novation Circuit?

A = CV synth 1
B = Gate synth 1
C = CV synth 2
D = Gate synth 2
E = Drum Trig 1
F = Drum Trig 2
G = Drum Trig 3
H = Drum Trig 4

It would be amazing to be plug and play and not have to worry about scripts. The FH-1 is powerful, but also not the easiest thing to configure.
os
What do A-H represent here? MIDI channels?

Have you seen the GUI configuration tools?
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2400825#2400825
msun
I should have writing like this, the number of the output.

1 = CV synth 1
2 = Gate synth 1
3 = CV synth 2
4 = Gate synth 2
5 = Drum Trig 1
6 = Drum Trig 2
7 = Drum Trig 3
8 = Drum Trig 4

If this was plug and play it would basically replace the Beat Step pro
os
That would be an exceptionally simple script. Synths 1 & 2 send on MIDI channels 1 & 2, so that works fine with the default FH-1 MIDI/CV setup.

If you can tell me which notes the Circuit sends on MIDI channel 10 for the drums I can concoct the full script.
arneborgan
deleted..
gonner
Just picked up an FH-1. Is there an aggregated list of scripts? I'm looking for midi fighter twister, and octatrack.
_ttc_
Hey there,

Posted earlier in regards to getting the FH-1 working with the KMI Softstep 2 - it seems like the firmware update may be the issue. Downloaded the latest from the manual page, followed all the instructions (a few times, it seems the FH-1 is only happy with certain flash drives...), but if I'm reading it correctly, the firmware is showing 1.23. See attached video and let me know what I might be doing wrong.

Here's a video of the boot sequence:
https://vimeo.com/208428528

Thanks!
os
That's showing firmware v1.6.
c0rpse
greenanother wrote:
os wrote:
Version 1.6 is released.

Wow! Thank you so much, os! It's peanut butter jelly time! we're not worthy hyper w00t Guinness ftw!
os
Version 1.7 is released.

* Added arpeggiator.
* Added support for sustain in MIDI/CV converters.
* Added option for 'gated aftertouch'.
* Added 'unison' voice allocation mode.
* Added 'note to CC' maps.
* Added a CC for direct control over the internal clock's run state.
* Added LED feedback for the Launch Control (along the lines of that previously provided for the Launch Control XL).
* Improved compatibility with iConnectMIDI interfaces.
* Fixed a bug with using portamento and smoothing together.
auxren
os wrote:
Version 1.7 is released.

* Added arpeggiator.
* Added support for sustain in MIDI/CV converters.
* Added option for 'gated aftertouch'.
* Added 'unison' voice allocation mode.
* Added 'note to CC' maps.
* Added a CC for direct control over the internal clock's run state.
* Added LED feedback for the Launch Control (along the lines of that previously provided for the Launch Control XL).
* Improved compatibility with iConnectMIDI interfaces.
* Fixed a bug with using portamento and smoothing together.

Thanks OS!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 2