MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

USAMO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Author USAMO
fattyparts
brackets wrote:
GOT IT WORKING WITH MY CIRKLON AND ALL OF MY HARDWARE!!!

THANKS OS AND SKAPUT!!

Joan

good to hear!

anychance you could provide a a screenshot of scarlet mix settings or a brief synopsis of events that led to it all working? i have exactly the same soundcard and have been considering ordering a USAMO for sometime now, but i'm concerned about my lack of technical ability to get it to work.

cheers, and thanks to all the previous posters that responded to my previous post. appreciated!
os
Kubase wrote:
I have an issue with USAMO VST ver 1.07 in Bitwig, where it constantly sends the last message even though the transport is stopped. I have to re-add the plug-in to fix this, but invariably it will happen again.

Does the plug-in say it's constantly sending that message (in the outgoing messages window), or is Bitwig effectively looping the last audio buffer and so sending the message over and over?
Kubase
os wrote:
Kubase wrote:
I have an issue with USAMO VST ver 1.07 in Bitwig, where it constantly sends the last message even though the transport is stopped. I have to re-add the plug-in to fix this, but invariably it will happen again.

Does the plug-in say it's constantly sending that message (in the outgoing messages window), or is Bitwig effectively looping the last audio buffer and so sending the message over and over?

Hi os. The plug in is constantly sending the message.
os
What message is it?

Is it also showing in the incoming messages window?

Perhaps a screenshot would answer all of this.
Kubase
Hi, image attached. I have a midi clip sending data out to a synth - the message is the last note sent before I stop the transport.

os
If the USAMO plug-in is receiving the same message over and over that points to a bug in Bitwig. GIGO.
Kubase
Ok, thanks. Had to look up GIGO!

I'll report it to them.
jahpooh
Still not working stable here in Live 9.2.1 x64 OS X 10.8.5 /1.07.... now when I try to change the time signature on a blank template to start a new track my MPC just stops receiving time clock though the box is still transmitting. After a computer restart and fresh instance of Live it plays the first time around with transport, but then after I stop and change time sig in the session my MPC refuses to follow along anymore. Also still having constant intermittent midi clock transmission and playback with the MPC on various sessions.... cant really pinpoint why.... a real vibe killer when you are trying to finish up work. All test are normal. MPC works perfect with Midi clock from Live.
os
The USAMO plug-in does nothing with time signature apart from to decide when the next full bar is at transport start.

Restarting the computer/Live shouldn't be any different than simply reloading the plug-in. If it is, that points to other issues in your setup.
jahpooh
Thing is.... when I send mid clock from Live to my MPC i am seeing a Clock Start and A Clock Stop being sent in the Midi monitor section of the MPC and it always works flawlessly (with midi jitter ) with the USAMO it passes all the tests, though I dont see a Start or Stop message being recieved by the MPC, only CLK, CLK , CLK,CLK, no CLK-STRT or CLK-STP. so thats why it doesnt play.

the USAMO interface shows me all start stop messages sent fine but the MPC monitor is only recieving them occasionally or intermittently.... changed cables and audio outputs.... same cables work perfect with MIDI clock from DAW. Audio triggers sample accurate always with USAMO ... just no stable MIDI clock. sometimes it randomly starts with a CLK-START but there is no clock stop recieved after. even after multiple start stops. all this at 48k. changing the send output level of the plug in occasionally produces a random start message being recieved by the MPC but nothing I can rely on. So I am losing a Start and Stop clock on the way to my MPC. and its only route is the USAMO box.
os
If you have a MIDI monitor on the MPC then you could run the USAMO's test while connected to the MPC and tweak the settings until the received messages look right. You won't get the feedback at the plug-in end (unless you can route the MIDI through the MPC and back to the computer?) but it should be pretty obvious if the MPC suddenly starts receiving the right messages.
Esamh
Hi,

I'm using a ZED-10FX mixer to play back audio directly from Ableton, as the mixer comes with a USB connection. The mixer however does not have dedicated audio output channels, and the only input I could feed into my USAMO would be either through the monitor OUT connection, or record OUT.

Would this audio signal work for the USAMO?

Thanks,
Esam
os
It might work, as long as the output you use isn't carrying any other signal.
Knights Who Say Neve
I can report success with a motu 1248 driving the USAMO.

Tightest clock I've even gotten out of a computer. Highly recommended.
jahpooh
Quote:

If you have a MIDI monitor on the MPC then you could run the USAMO's test while connected to the MPC and tweak the settings until the received messages look right. You won't get the feedback at the plug-in end (unless you can route the MIDI through the MPC and back to the computer?) but it should be pretty obvious if the MPC suddenly starts receiving the right messages.

Yes Ive tried this several times. no combination of settings produce usuable results.

However Ive now realized that this intermittent behaviour is consistent in Ableton Live 9.2.x and Pro Tools 10 and 12. If I start a blank session and only create 1 track with usamo on it, I have no problems. When I have a full arrangement going the midi clock is totally unreliable. I started to delete chunks of tracks and hit play on the transport in between, and at one point , the sync comes back reliably after deleting adjacent tracks. I cant pinpoint this to one given plugin however after multiple successes doing this across DAW sessions I am convinced this is a Delay Compensation issue and how the USAMO plugin is treating its own clock offset in reference to the total compensation for the session.
os
@Knights Who Say Neve - Thanks! I've added it to the compatibility chart.

@jahpooh - The plug-in does nothing with PDC. It relies on the host to provide it with accurate timing information.

In a situation where the clock is not good, in a full arrangement, I would be interested in examining a bounce of the plug-in's output as audio. That might prove instructive.
Binman_UK
Confirmed working with Focusrite Saffire Pro26 I/O jack outputs + default settings in the vst.

It however doesn't work with my spdif --> rca converter (optical output coming from the Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 again). It's one of these things... it does work with a syncgen though..

When using that the trim pot is very sensitive and there's a microscopic range to get the messages to turn green in test mode. I managed to get it so that about 95% of messages were green but I couldn't completely eliminate some red ones even though I tried for hours.
os
What sample rate was this at?
Binman_UK
os wrote:
What sample rate was this at?

44.1 / 24-bit inside Ableton
os
It would be interesting to try the Saffire at 48kHz.
Binman_UK
os wrote:
It would be interesting to try the Saffire at 48kHz.

Sure can give it a go.

It does work 100% fine via the Saffire's normal line outputs though, it's just when I connect the optical sp/dif output to that little converter.. the USAMO doesn't seem to like it.

I'll do some tests and report back.
dare
Borrowed a mates USAMO to test on the below set up.

Midi sync to the MPC4000 drops out after around 8 bars, the MPC will just stop but the plugin is still running. Seems to be intermittent though.
I will persist because apart from that, it's solid.

In the plugin test I can get it 'all green'.

I've routed the plugin through Abletons external effect with some hardware latency applied.

The recording from the MPC is bang on every time, just only for 8 bars or so.

USAMO software1.7
M-AUDIO Profire 2626
Ableton live 9.2
Akai MPC4000
os
Have you tried the same without the External Effect device?
duarte
Hello,

I bought usamo but i think there is a bug in the AU or in logic pro x.

I only need usamo to send midi clock from logic. It works very good, when i have the plugin open in logic pro x, sending the clock, stop and start messages to my cirklon or mfb-522.
The plugin also waits to the next bar to start.

The problem is when i press record and have the plugin minimized. When i stop logic in the middle of one bar the sequencer stop also in the middle, but when i hit record again, the plugin waits to the next bar and sends a continue message to the cirklon or mfb-522 in the beginning of the bar. Everything is out of sync. It should send a start message. This problem only happens when i record with the plugin minimized. When it's open everything is ok.

Can someone confirm me if it's a general problem?

Thank You
Duarte
os
Do you have SPP (Song Position Pointer) enabled?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20, 21, 22  Next [all]
Page 15 of 22