MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Serge panels: La Bestia, Edelweiss version II [SHIPPING]
co87lab

Updated list.

Can someone validate the PCB list?
DomMorley
The WAD is CGS208A (the CGS113 is a wave multiplier). The mixer is on the CGS90 PCB as well as the phaser, and I believe the random is a combination of CGS92 & 97. Timbre is Roman's board, here.

Not 100% on the mixer - maybe someone else can chip in here. Is the new CGS101 good for this one?
otherunicorn
Yes, the CGS101DCSM is the stereo mixer.
DomMorley
otherunicorn wrote:
Yes, the CGS101DCSM is the stereo mixer.

There you go - straight from the unicorn's mouth. hihi
Zergon
Is there a plan for new run?
(looking for Bestia panel)
nordlead
Yes, I've received quite a few requests for another round of La Bestia and Edelweiss, and plan to do another round. w00t

Re La Bestia, the Question is would you prefer to keep it as is (Dial 555-VCO) - then I could start right away - or rather wait for a PCO / NTO solution?
I made some progress on the PCO but it's still unclear how fast it can be fully solved. Also, the Dual 555 in 3" is impossible to beat in density - any other dual VCO would take up more space and require something else to be kicked out ...

Open to suggestions here ... Guinness ftw!
yan6
Im missing a 555 vco in Serge format so I don't mind keeping it original. I would be in for a La Bestia
jpauty
Yeah, la bestia for me too ! Guinness ftw!

Is the variable Q filter sounding different from the 1973 filter (http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs77_vcf.html) ?

I wouldn't mind replacing the wave multiplier by the res eq. This would complete my system in a nice way ! But I guess, it's a rerun, not a christmas list hihi
jarvis
I would also be in for a La Bestia panel!
SMonk
I'd be interested in one La Bestia + one Edelweiss.

Will it be possible to get the 555 PCBs bundled this time too?
Jonachi
Glad to see these might be re-pressed. Hope to see some new full panels as well!

555 VCO is the best, really no need to change it for something else.
m.o
Yep, interested in La Bestia + Edelweiss.

Edit: Plus the required number of 555 VCO cards too if this happens.
mook1709
La Bestia + Edelweiss for me too please. + the 555 PCB.
buffo
I´m interested in one La Bestia + one Edelweiss as well (and 555 pcb if possible).
pre55ure
Would be in for one La Bestia and 555 pcb's as well if this is what you decide on.
Though my preference would be to wait for PCO's.
In for the panel either way though.
jhulk
in for both plus the 555 pcbs
Zergon
so, one La Bestia panel (with 555 vco)
DrKorg
La Bestia + Edelweiss for me too please. + the 555 PCB.
jpauty
On the DTG, would it be possible to add the switch which control whether CV changes rise,fall or both, like on the RandomSource version ? We could drill the holes ourselves, right, but this requires a steady hand or a column drill. hihi
synchromesh
Hi, the price for the 555 PCB set is €32, right? Just trying to figure out whether I can scrape up the
krok
I'm interested in this as well.

1x La Bestia
1x Edelweiss
1x 555 pcb set (if they're available this round)

Thanks!
nordlead
Thanks for your interest and feedback, guys! thumbs up

Here's an idea for the Edelweiss 2015 edition:

This would allow using the following R*S pcb sets (including component pcbs to avoid wiring and stacking):

- 2x DUSG (SMT)
- SSG (SMT)
- RandomSource (= SSG + Noise / S&H in 2" SMT)

Also (through-hole) pcbs for N:COM (rare as a hen's teeth!) and Voltage Processor could be made available, most likely with component pcbs. Can't give any price estimates yet - especially the SMT production depends on the size of the run and makes things not so easy to calculate.

I will also post a pic of La Bestia 2015 soon (including the Dual 555 VCOs) ...

Appreciate your comments! Guinness ftw!
jpauty
Nice ! applause Waiting for La bestia ! Guinness ftw!

Is the N%com the same as a VC divider from CGS ?
nordlead
jpauty wrote:
Nice ! applause Waiting for La bestia ! Guinness ftw!

Is the N%com the same as a VC divider from CGS ?

Thanks, jpauty! thumbs up The N÷COM is the original Serge circuit, one of the next modules to join the Serge by R*S family. I did a first prototype a little while back and then learnt some interesting details from Serge which I plan to reflect in the final board. (I'm not familiar with the CGS VC divider)
oldenjon
nordlead wrote:
The N÷COM is the original Serge circuit, one of the next modules to join the Serge by R*S family. I did a first prototype a little while back and then learnt some interesting details from Serge which I plan to reflect in the final board. (I'm not familiar with the CGS VC divider)

Looks good. Just so you know it's not 'N÷COM', It's '÷N COM' as in 'Divide by N Comparator'. Glad to hear you are doing PCBs, I have a panel (personal project thumbs up) coming that has an NCOM on it too. Will they be CGS cheap?

Also, the Boolean Logic / Pulse Divider is not technically a 'Serge' invention. It was developed by Rex after the formation of STS, i.e. perhaps it should not be branded as Serge?

Cheers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 19 of 32